ofxKinect OpenCV build problem

I’ve been using ofxKinect with OF 007 for some time now without any issues. However I need one of the new features provided by 0071, so I’m trying to upgrade.

I’m having an issue getting ofxKinect to work with 0071. When I try doing a [tt]make Debug[/tt], I get this at the end:

[tt]/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_legacy.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_haartraining_engine.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_calib3d.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_objdetect.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_features2d.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_imgproc.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_video.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_highgui.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_ml.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_legacy.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_core.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_flann.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_contrib.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopencv_gpu.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/example_debug] Error 1[/tt]

Any ideas how I can get this sorted out?

what is your config.make?

i think (but i’m not sure) that the liker cannot find the .a files (.a files are precompiled library) that ofxKinect needs.
probabilly you miss to include them in your make file.

as i have understand the addon ofxOpencv bring its own .a files and the makefile should be able to find them if you include the addon, but mayebe you have to add in the makefile, via the file config.make

i don’t think that is concerned with the config.make. i had this kind of issue using Makefile , config.make from 007 inside 0071. I think you have to delete that inside the ofxKinectExample and update with projectGenerator. if you have not install it, read carefully the readme.txt in the OF0071 folder useful also this my post: http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/projectgenerator–for-linux-missed-in-0071-solved/9924/0
let me know if i’m wrong or right.
Cheers

That was it! Thank you very much, I updated the Makefile and everything works fine now.

Thanks for the help.

I was pretty sure of the error! If I bet, I won! glad that this help you!

cool! i am still in 07, good to know!