ofxiPhone examples in osx 10.6.4 + xcode 3.2.4 + ios4.2 prob

Hello. I’m kind of a noob in ofx and c++ although i’ve been developing in JAVA for a while now.

I can’t seem to find a way to run the ofxiPhone examples.
I’ve downloaded the latest ofx version from git hub (https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks), which already includes the ofxiPhone and examples.

But when I try to run the iPhoneEmptyExample I get a total of 71 errors. I’ve already selected:

Active SDK: iOS simulator 4.2
Active configuration: Debug
Active architechture: i386

Most of the errors I receive are regarding “ofAppiPhonewindow::getOrientation()” return type.

Please help! I’m stuck and quite frustrated… :frowning:

Same problem here, I’ve got the feeling that this is something fundamental I’m overlooking. I’m just trying to get Empty Example to compile, with no luck. :frowning:

edit: I’m using Memo’s fork of OF from 2/19, gets same errors and same results with the main master branch. Does this sound like a problem due to the new SDK (new Xcode only comes with 4.2 base SDK?) Or does it sound like I’ve got some conflicts with linkages or code within OF?

edit 2: Moving these example projects to the of_preRelease_v0062_iphone_FAT version of OF doesn’t throw the 70+ errors related to “ofAppiPhonewindow::getOrientation()”, but then I get the usual problem with missing libfreeimage which I haven’t been able to solve just yet:

ld: library not found for -lFreeImage_iphone_universal  
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status