ofxGstreamer on M1 Mac

@pemb can you try

sudo dnf install gstreamer1-devel gstreamer1-plugins-base-tools gstreamer1-doc gstreamer1-plugins-base-devel gstreamer1-plugins-good gstreamer1-plugins-good-extras gstreamer1-plugins-ugly gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-devel gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-extras

Then set the player back to playbin ie:
GstElement * gstPipeline = gst_element_factory_make("playbin","player");

I noticed that the Ubuntu gstreamer packages are much more extensive than Fedora ( basically installing everything ), so that could be part of the issue why the PR is working on Ubuntu but not Fedora.

running
sudo ./install_codecs.sh in scripts/linux/fedora/ too would be helpful.

Thanks!
Theo

Both, the installing command and the OF script thrown that all the dependencies are resolved so there is nothing to do. I reckon that everything that is in the repositories is installed.

sudo dnf install gstreamer* thrown the same.

I was about to install OF in fedora 36. I forgot I had a machine available with F36.

@pemb

I just installed Fedora 36 and got similar warnings.

But one I got was:
module uridecodebin0 reported: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in

So I looked into it and it seems that not all the gstreamer plugins are getting installed in Fedora.
To fix that I installed the equivalent of the Ubuntu restricted via: Configuration - RPM Fusion

And then once it was installed ( via software manager ).
I ran:

sudo dnf install @multimedia

and it installed the codecs the video needed.

Doing this makes the videoPlayerExample work without playbin3.

Def some extra steps, but curious if that works for you too?

Wow @theo thanks a lot, I will try it in F35.

Hi @theo I had the free and nonfree rpm fusion repositories already enabled. I have enabled the “tainted” repos, but when sudo dnf install @multimedia everything is already installed. I will check later on in the F36, which has already installed the free and nonfree repository of rpmfusion.

@pemb thanks for checking.
Weird that I needed that on my system ( clean F36 install ). I kept the playbin3 in the PR anyway and the nightly builds should now be working for linux🤞

Hi, I have upgraded to F36 with no problems, however I have realized after the installation that the playbin3 was included in ofGstVideoPlayer.cpp. It works great by the way. thanks a lot @theo for the efforts.

Awesome - yes figured it made sense to keep playbin3 for now as it seems to work better on all platforms. Thanks for all your help on this! @pemb