ofxGStreamer - GStreaner-CRITICAL **:gst_mini_object_unref

I am using ofxGStreamer to playback QuickTime w/ alpha on Windows getting the following error

 GStreaner-CRITICAL **:gst_mini_object_unref: assertion 'mini_object->refcount > 0' failed`

It is not completely consistent, but it happens immediately after calling close() on the video player. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Windows 8.1, OF 0.8.4, GStreamer 1.4.5

Similar thread

this is fixed in the master version of OF but it should be ok, if you are going to be closing / reopening players a lot you probably want to fix it just in case by changing ofGstVideoPlayer.cpp:

    #if GST_VERSION_MAJOR==0
        GstElement * gstPipeline = gst_element_factory_make("playbin2","player");
    #else
        GstElement * gstPipeline = gst_element_factory_make("playbin","player");
    #endif

to:

    #if GST_VERSION_MAJOR==0
        GstElement * gstPipeline = gst_element_factory_make("playbin2","player");
    #else
        GstElement * gstPipeline = gst_element_factory_make("playbin","player");
    #endif
    g_object_ref_sink(gstPipeline);

note the last line not in 0.8.4

Thanks Arturo! This addon is awesome, by the way and preforming great.

I made the change, but am still seeing the error. I did a diff with the master branch and it looks quite a bit has changed. I’m going to try and work that into my project since I am loading/unloading 5-10 clips every 20 seconds. I’ll share my results.

i’m checking the diff and just realized that there’s more fixes than that. i fixed a mem leak some time ago but it’s not in 0.8.4 so yes if you are going to be opening and closing videos you should be working with the version in master.

there’s several changes for YUV support that would need also the changes in other classes so it can be tricky to merge all those perhaps it might be easier to work directly with master

I switched to the master branch of OF as you suggested. It took me a little while to wrap my head around that process, but I have it working in a test project and don’t see the error anymore. Awesome! Thanks for the help.