ofxFX issue

iim trying to use the code of grayScott example taken from https://github.com/patriciogonzalezvivo/ofxFX no problem with the compilation process ( except for ofxWater.h and ofxFlocking.h that i must excluded from the project). but when i run my app (in debug or release mode) i receive an exception in glGenFramebuffers(1, &fbo); (ofFBo.h)…someone has tryed this code? how can i solve this?

i’m using of007 on windows vista and visualstudio2010.
thanks

running the app from VS2010 without debug mode i receive this error:

OF: OF_LOG_ERROR: couldn’t load image from images/logo.jpg

of course i have that file in data/images folder. it is very strange because imageLoaderExample works good for me…never had problems with ofImage.

i think the problem is somewhere in the framebuffer… now for understand better framebuffer i have try this code

//testApp.cpp  
#include "testApp.h"  

//--------------------------------------------------------------  
void testApp::setup(){	  
	ofSetLogLevel(OF_LOG_VERBOSE);  

fbo.allocate(500, 500, GL_RGBA);  

}  

void testApp::update(){  
}  

void testApp::draw(){  
	  fbo.begin();    
        ofClear(255, 255, 255, 255);    
        ofSetColor(255, 0, 0);    
        ofCircle(mouseX, mouseY, 100);    
    fbo.end();    

ofSetColor(255);    
    fbo.draw(0, 0);    
}  

void testApp::keyPressed(int key){  
}  

void testApp::keyReleased(int key){  

}  

//------------- -------------------------------------------------  
void testApp::mouseMoved(int x, int y ){  

}  

void testApp::mouseDragged(int x, int y, int button){  

}  

void testApp::mousePressed(int x, int y, int button){  

}  

void testApp::mouseReleased(int x, int y, int button){  

}  

void testApp::windowResized(int w, int h){  

}  

void testApp::gotMessage(ofMessage msg){  

}  

void testApp::dragEvent(ofDragInfo dragInfo){   

}  

//testApp.h  
#pragma once  

#include "ofMain.h"  
#include "ofFbo.h"  

class testApp : public ofBaseApp{  

public:  

void setup();  
		void update();  
		void draw();  

void keyPressed  (int key);  
		void keyReleased(int key);  
		void mouseMoved(int x, int y );  
		void mouseDragged(int x, int y, int button);  
		void mousePressed(int x, int y, int button);  
		void mouseReleased(int x, int y, int button);  
		void windowResized(int w, int h);  
		void dragEvent(ofDragInfo dragInfo);  
		void gotMessage(ofMessage msg);	  
		ofFbo fbo;  

};  

but still the same problem with glGenFramebuffers(1, &fbo); (ofFBo.h)…

I 've tried in linux Ubuntu the ofxFX addon and works fine ! but i had to make little changes in the code because the previuos version of OF007. the windows version that i use i grab it directly from git. tough i have only this problem with ofFBO it seems strange this trouble. i will try to download the package in .zip format again. maybe i’ve downloaded from git the experimental branch?

Hello Kalwait,

I have a friend with windows that it´s having the same trouble making FBOs working properly. He receive no error compilation… but when it runs it crash with out explanation… could be posible to be a DirectX-openGL problem or something like that?

If you make changes to the ofxFX addon please push them on gitHub in order to improve it.

See you

I have a friend with windows that it´s having the same trouble making FBOs working properly. He receive no error compilation… but when it runs it crash with out explanation… could be posible to be a DirectX-openGL problem or something like that?

yes, exactly the same problem. i ran the app with gDEBugger but i have no supplementary explanations about the crash. There other OF users that have this problem making FBOs in windows? ofFBO is still experimental for windows?

If you make changes to the ofxFX addon please push them on gitHub in order to improve it.

i would like to do a Comway game of life addon to ofFX…

Great! What is your github user in order to add you as a collaborator?

hi Patricio, ths is my github page under construction: https://github.com/kalwalt

I get OF_LOG errors that says some FBOs haven’t been allocated on some of the examples. No help since I’m not in front of the box I did that on, but I’ll investigate later. If it’s just a matter of allocation I can’t imagine it will be too hard to find.

This is great software by the way, GPGPU++

ofFbo is supposed to be totally ready so if there are ofFbo issues on windows you should definitely file a bug so more people can take a look at it and hopefully get it sorted out. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some subtle difference about allocating or using fbos on Windows vs Linux/osx.

Thanks Joshua and Automata… I was trying to compile this on a virtual machine running windows to check it out… but I think that only complex the things… and brings to new problems.

Any Windows user could help here to tell if this is a matter of ofFBO implementation… in that case we have to go to the github issues and make the suitable reports.

As i said some post before ofFbo and ofFX works fine for me in linux(without issues…) the only problem is in windows.
i can wait for a help it is not a priority…
At this time i’m developing a Comway Game of life to integrate in the ofFX addon… but for now I’m not so lucky … i still have to work on a lot .

i will post a request in the bug section for this…

[quote=“kalwalt, post:12, topic:8329”]

As i said some post before ofFbo and ofFX works fine for me in linux(without issues…) the only problem is in windows.
i can wait for a help it is not a priority…
[/quote]I’m on Linux. I’m getting a nice new GPU for Christmas, so I’ll try your code on a new system. What GPU do you use?

Hi @bill_automata, i have an Nvidia 8400M GT on a Sony Vaio (a notebook…) .I have no many fps… about 55-60 fps running the grayscottExample. I would like to buy a desktop pc with a more powerful GPU (with openCL support… Sony don’t support the new openCL drivers for my notebook…) . I would like to share tomorrow my code , now it’s too late, i’m sorry…
Best regards