ofxFBX working with openFrameworks 0.9.8?

Hey,

I’m trying to make the ofxFBX addon work with my mac of Xcode. Has anyone experienced any problems making this addon work?

I keep getting the error "No member named ‘setTransformMatrix’ in ‘ofNode’ " when I’m pretty sure there is a member called ‘setTransformMatrix’.

Eddie

we’ve removed that method recently cause it was really problematic you can’t decompose a matrix reliably in it’s position/rotation/scale components and ofNode relies on that to work properly

ofEasyCam save and restore position/orientation

Hey,

Thank you for getting back to me. That’s a shame. I was really looking forward to working with this addon. Do you think there is another addon that works with FBX files or maybe other motion data formats?

Eddie

Hi @Poka_Face,

Are you working with OF from github? If that function has been removed, then the addon will need to be adjusted to work without that decomposition function. I plan to only support official OF releases and not try to keep up with the github version.

I just compiled the addon with the 0.9.8 stable release from the OF downloads page and everything compiled correctly. http://openframeworks.cc/download/
So you could use that version of OF if you want to use the addon.

Hey Nick,

I was using the OF from github. I’ve just downloaded the official release and got this error:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime.tbd, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//QuickTime.framework/QuickTime.tbd
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
OBJC_CLASS$_AVCaptureSession”, referenced from:
objc-class-ref in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
OBJC_CLASS$_AVCaptureVideoDataOutput”, referenced from:
OBJC_CLASS$_AVCaptureDeviceInput”, referenced from:
“_CMSampleBufferGetImageBuffer”, referenced from:
-[OSXVideoGrabber captureOutput:didOutputSampleBuffer:fromConnection:] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“_AVMediaTypeVideo”, referenced from:
-[OSXVideoGrabber initCapture:capWidth:capHeight:] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
-[OSXVideoGrabber listDevices] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“_CMVideoFormatDescriptionGetDimensions”, referenced from:
-[OSXVideoGrabber initCapture:capWidth:capHeight:] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
OBJC_CLASS$_AVCaptureDevice”, referenced from:
OBJC_CLASS$_AVFrameRateRange”, referenced from:
“_CMTimeMake”, referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Not sure what I did wrong.

Eddie

Have you tried compiling the emptyExample first? To make sure you can compile OF without trying to use the addon?

I should probably make the addon play nice with the project generator. :confused:
I can work on that shortly if you are having trouble getting the project to compile.

Yes, I did for both the examples and it gave me the same result. I keep getting the “Apple Mach-O Linker (ld) Error Group” error.

If you could do that then that would be amazing. :slight_smile:

Ok, I can work on that, but probably won’t be able to get it done until tomorrow.

That’s fine I guess. Thank you so much!

Hi @Poka_Face,

Try using the project generator to make a new project into apps/myApps. Include the ofxFBX addon and generate. Then copy the src folder from one of the addon examples, ie. example-BoneControl, and replace the src folder in the project you just created with the project generator. Also copy the files inside the addon example, ie example-BoneControl/bin/data to the newly created project’s bin/data folder. If there is no bin/data in the new project path, then just create those folders. I just tested this method and it works correctly.

I tried updating the current Xcode projects in the addon, but it got weird. So I might just remove the projects and utilize the project generator to keep them up to date.

Make sure to pull down from git, fixed a crash from inside ofxFBXNode.

Thank you so much! It’s now working perfectly.