ofxFbo Depth Testing

Hi guys. Im trying to get a blending step working with shadows and lighting in two seperate passes. I figure blending two textures together would be the way to go about it, so I’ve render the phong step and shadow step into two seperate ofxFbo objects.

The problem is, neither is doing proper depth testing. glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST) is set everytime the geometry function is called but it appears to have no effect at all:

mColourFBO.begin();  

glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0);  
	glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT |  GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);  
	glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);  
	glLoadIdentity();  
	gluPerspective(55,ofGetWidth()/ ofGetHeight(),0.1f,100.0f);  

glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);  
	glLoadIdentity();  
	gluLookAt(gCameraPos.x,gCameraPos.y,gCameraPos.z,gCameraTarget.x,gCameraTarget.y,gCameraTarget.z,0,1,0);  

drawGeometry();  

mColourFBO.end();  

I notice that a depth buffer is automagically attached by default to an FBO when it is created. The thing is, calling drawGeometry outside of the FBO gives the correct result so something else must need to happen to get depth testing.

long time ago and probably you are not interested anymore, but a had the same problem and fixed it by using numSamples=1 in fbo.allocate(…). in this way MULTISAMPLE is used and depth test works correctly. but i dont really know what this is about.

(using ofxFBOTexture - perhaps in the new ofxFbo this will be fixed?!)