ofxFaceTracker2 dlib include issues

Hi all,
it is my first post here, and pretty new to OF, so I hope that you will go easy on me :slight_smile:

I’m trying to get the ofxFaceTracker2 addon to work, but im having som issues with dlib. The examples throw errors with in relation to include statements of ofxFaceTracker2.h:

/of_v0.9.8_osx_release/addons/ofxFaceTracker2/src/ofxFaceTracker2.h:12:10: ‘dlib/image_processing/frontal_face_detector.h’ file not found
/of_v0.9.8_osx_release/addons/ofxFaceTracker2/example-pose/src/ofApp.cpp:1:10: In file included from /of_v0.9.8_osx_release/addons/ofxFaceTracker2/example-pose/src/ofApp.cpp:1:
/of_v0.9.8_osx_release/addons/ofxFaceTracker2/example-pose/src/ofApp.h:4:10: In file included from src/ofApp.h:4:

From what I can gather dlib is where it is supposed to be, in the libs subfolder of the examples top folder. But as it is not working I wonder what the right paths or settings might be, if I might be doing something else wrong, or if there are permanent issues with the addon itself, as everything else runs beautifully.

All the Best,
Kristoffer

Hi Kristoffer

I get the same in of_v_0.10.0, but can run it without issues in 0.9.0.
Did you manage to solve it?

Best
Andreas

Managed to get it working in 0.10.0 using this commit by Micuat:

2 Likes

great andreas. i never did get the dlib library to work, so had to train a harcascade instead. But I really appreciate the fact that you manage to solve it,
K