ofxDLib new addon

Hey lovely people,
just pushed an addon for using the dlib library.
It is still a work in progress, by now just implements the dlib face tracker.
It is based on an of app I posted here
It works correctly with projectGenerator, so hopefully it will be easy to integrate to other projects.
Check it and let me know how it works.

Best!

Edit:
sorry I didn’t post the link to the addon. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey Roy.

Thanks for making this a proper addon.
Works great.
I added an object tracker and a HOG object trainer example to my fork of ofxDLib.

I have nerver sent pull requests. Let me know if you are interested in adding this.

Hey @stephanschulz this is great! I just merged and made some little updates to your code.
If you’re very into this I can grant you access so you dont need to PR instead just push. Just let me know.

dlib version 19.2 is out with neural net face detection + etc.
here is my very first attempt at making it run. it runs very slow and not very good.

Hi @stephanschulz,
Great!
I’m super busy right now so I can’t even try to check it. Maybe I will be able during the weekend.
did you see the following?

All the best!

@stephanschulz thanks for the work, I have been using the hog trainer and get great results. I have a quick question. I thought I could use the trainer and then get the HOG vector and use it to detect the trained object in a video stream. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree, but if you have any tips on how to save the trained data set and use it later it would be great.

Cheers

Fred

here it says how one would save the trained detector.
http://dlib.net/fhog_object_detector_ex.cpp.html

not sure if i ever tried it.

// Like everything in dlib, you can save your detector to disk using the
    // serialize() function.
    serialize("face_detector.svm") << detector;

// Then you can recall it using the deserialize() function.
    object_detector<image_scanner_type> detector2;
    deserialize("face_detector.svm") >> detector2;