ofxDither sometimes trashes image

debug2… png is the expected image, debug3 sometimes is corrupted.

I have not been able to reproduce it consistently. I rerun my app with the same file, it’s fine. The app loops, reading and poking a web server to delete/replace the input file. I have made it loop over the same file 50 times, and I hear someone else looped it 400 times, no problem.

What I have not tried is giving the app the sequence of inputs that resulted in an error. (because that’s hard, but it is on the list of things to do.)

Can someone review

it is danbz’s repo, but they forked upstream a month ago to port it to OF v 0.11 for which I am grateful.

thanks @CarlFK i opened the issues track in the repo - want to post it there and i’ll see what I can find - tho I am not the original author - I just did some fixes for of 0.11 -

best
Dan

I don’t mind posting repeat thank you s: it is danbz’s repo, but they forked upstream a month ago to port it to OF v 0.11 for which I am grateful.

thanks for posting into the repo

thanks - looking at your code in the link - at line 112 it appears you call ordered_dither with the same image as input and output

        dither.dither_ordered(res, res, 8);

as far as I understand you need to call this with the source image and specify a different output image…