ofxBox2d issue with VS2012 - oF 0.8.0

Hi everybody, I hope you can help me with this issue I can’t quite get.
I recently started using oF, with the new version and VS2012. Everything is working fine, but when I try to add the ofxBox2D addon there are some problems.

First, if I just open one example (let’s say the Simple one), it just won’t load, because it can’t find the (old?) vs2010 folder inside libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project. I then rename the vs folder that’s there to vs2010.
Like that, the project loads… but when I compile it… then something like 233 errors appear! ^__^’’’

I uploaded the list of errors here, I’m sorry it’s in Italian, but I really don’t know how to localize them (:

Anyway, it should be a pretty standard procedure, and I don’t know exactly where I’m wrong here… has anybody else experienced this issue or am I doing something terribly wrong?

Thanks for any kind reply and help!

Hi !

I could get it totally working, but here is what I did for now :

1. Open the solution example-Simple.sln. You should have an error loading both projects.

2. Select openframeworksLib project and open properties window (or press F4). In FilePath property, replace “vs2010” by “vs” so you should have something like “D:\of_v0.8.0_vs_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\vs\openframeworksLib.vcxproj”. Right clic the project and choose Reload. It should load correctly now.

3. Select example-Simple project, right-clic and chose Edit example-Simple.vcxproj. That should display an XML file. Replace every occurence of “vs2010” by “vs” in this file and save it.

4. Save the solution and reload it. Both projects should load correctly. Right-clic example-Simple project and chose “Set as Startup project”. Right-clic solution and choose “Update VC++ projects…”. Update. Now projects are ok but there are error in build.

Now if you build the solution… it still won’t work, as there are errors with box2D and triangle libs.

1. For errors with box2D, it seems that project file has instructions for compiling files that doesn’t exist (maybe from an older version of box2D ?). So what I did is commenting the corresponding lines inside example-Simple.vcxproj using a text editor (this is an XML file so comment using ). There are two lines to comment, one for b2TOISolver and one for b2LineJoint.

Now there are still lots of errors, from triangle lib. Unfortunately I didn’t find a good workaround for these for the moment. I’ll post an update if I found the workaround.

1 Like