ofxAssimpModelLoader DAE getting separate meshes not in the correct orientation

I have a not too complex scenario, i have prepared a scene in blender that is just made of planes, I export this as a dae file and load it into an OF project with ofxAssimpModelLoader.

When I export the scene in dae format the planes come through as separate meshes, this is exactly what I want, I want to get each mesh individually. If I dont set optimised to true when I open the model all the meshes come in on top of each other, when I do set optimised to true I get all the meshes but they do not have the same orientation as the meshes in the model. The y axis is also inverted and the scale is very different and the meshes are not in the same positions as they are in the model.

Is there a way I can use getMesh in ofxAssimpModelLoader and have the meshes appear in the same place scale and orientation as they do when I load the dae model?

Ok I managed to kind of solve this with the following code:

    ofPushMatrix();
    ofMatrix4x4 modelMat;
    modelMat.set(model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.a1,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.b1,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.c1,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.d1,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.a2,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.b2,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.c2,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.d2,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.a3,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.b3,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.c3,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.d3,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.a4,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.b4,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.c4,
               model.getAssimpScene()->mRootNode->mTransformation.d4);
    ofMultMatrix(newMat);
 
    for (int i = 0; i < model.getNumMeshes(); i++) {
        model.getTextureForMesh(i).bind();
        model.getMesh(i).draw();
        model.getTextureForMesh(i).unbind();

    }
    ofPopMatrix();

It is not exactly the same size as my model but at least all the parts are in the right place and orientation.