ofxAssimpLoader on OSX

Hey there!

First of all, I’ve been absent for quite while and it’s seems there’s a lot of exiting stuffs coming for next release since I last checked github! Can’t wait for 007 !

I just pull the last github version on my OSX partition and I wasn’t able to run the ofxAssimpExample! I don’t know if it can be in any way related to the fact OSX is running on a non apple laptop, but anyway here’s what I found :

If I launch the example without modification to ofxAssimpModelLoader I directly get an EXC_BAD_ACCESS. After debugging the application, the crash appears to come from this line in ofxAssimpModelLoader.cpp:

glGenVertexArrays(1, &vaoHandle);  

And it seems related to the fact I cant found any GLEW_ARB_vertex_array_object, … or maybe I’m wrong, …but

Anyway! I made it work using the APPLE extension instead, so after adding “APPLE” at the end of every vertex array gl functions everything works like a charm!

glGenVertexArrays become glGenVertexArraysAPPLE, glBindVertexArray become glBindVertexArrayAPPLE, ...  

There’s a bunch of “APPLE” to add in the draw(), loadGLResources() and deleteGLResources() methods and that’s it!

I hope this help!

Thanks for all the good work! Really exited about the next release!

Agreed with everything you say here, from the need to use the APPLE extensions to the excitement about the next release :slight_smile: