ofVideoPlayer very laggy on Jetson Nano

Hi all,

i am currently working with the Jetson Nano and the Intel Realsense D415 Depth camera. I am simply masking out a video with the depth data of the camera.

Unfortunately the Video that is supposed to be masked is utterly lagging. With the following code

std::stringstream strm;
strm << "fps: " << ofGetFrameRate();
ofSetWindowTitle(strm.str());

the output shows between 15 - 20 FPS but is definitely lower. When i use a simple VideoPlayer sketch the output shows 25 (as defined) but is visibly lagging as well…
Vertical Sync is off, with Vertical Sync the framerate drops another 5 frames or so…

When i play the video with totem it runs smoothly though.
The video is a 1920x1080 h264 mov file. The bitrate is quite low.

On my Win10 PC the video is lagging on DebugMode, but in ReleaseMode it seems to run just fine.

Could it have anything to do with gstreamer?
What is the best way to encode the videos played?

And this is the console output:

NvMMLiteOpen : Block : BlockType = 261
NVMEDIA: Reading sys.display-size : status: 6
NvMMLiteBlockCreate : Block : BlockType = 261
Allocating new output: 1920x1088 (x 10), ThumbnailMode = 0
OPENMAX: HandleNewStreamFormat: 3595: Send OMX_EventPortSettingsChanged: nFrameWidth = 1920, nFrameHeight = 1080

Thanks in advance
best
numu

Some additional information:
I have encoded a variety of a 30 seconds video, ranging from 1 kbit/s to 100 kbit/s in h264 (with different keyframe values) and 2 mpeg videos.
All of them are lagging, even the very pixely 1 kbit/s video, the mpeg videos especially. All of the Jetson Nano CPU cores are on 100 %.

And this is what i dont understand, the Jetson Nano is built for much more complicated calculations (no calculations here accually).

I would be very grateful if one of you could hint me into a direction.
Bumping was not intended.

Thanks
numu