ofVideoGrabber returns blank frames

Hello,

I’m quite puzzled at a problem I am having with OF_v007, on Windows 7. I’m compiling from Codeblocks. I have two machines with the same setup. Windows 7 Starter edition, a PSEye 3 camera attached to the USB port and both also have a crappy built-in webcam. If I run the movieGrabber example it runs perfectly fine in one machine, while in the other it displays white video frames. The software runs but nothing is displayed. This happens wherther I choose the PSEye as video source or the built-in camera. This is the output by the init routine in the machine where I get blank frames.

***** VIDEOINPUT LIBRARY - 0.1995 - TFW07 *****

SETUP: Setting up device 1
SETUP: PS3Eye Camera
SETUP: Couldn’t find preview pin using SmartTee
SETUP: Default Format is set to 640 by 480
SETUP: trying format RGB24 @ 640 by 480
SETUP: trying format RGB32 @ 640 by 480
SETUP: Capture callback set
SETUP: Device is setup and ready to capture.

I have used the same binaries in both machines. What could be going wrong? What does VideoInput depend on? Do I perhaps need some video component installed that I might be missing?

Oh another thing is that if I run the software that comes with the PSEye driver (CL-Eye test), it runs just fine on both machines and captures images from all attached cameras. So I think I must have hit upon some OF specific problem.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem running codeblocks on an xp machine. The weirdest thing is that actually if I save the grabbed pixels out to an image file it shows the image fine. ie its grabbing it but not drawing to the screen. I am using the movieGrabberExample from the git of007 download without alterning it. I also noticed that a similar problem occurs with the imageLoaderExample. In this case the gif images load but the jpgs don’t! So I’m wondering if its some kind of codec//compression issue?

I just tried exactly the same install and complilation process on a windows 7 machine and it works fine. hmmm

anythoughts guys - I’ve seen a few similar posts around the forum but not solves yet.

cheers folks!

can you run the original imageLoaderExample, and post a screenshot of what the results look like? if you could also post the graphics card you’re using.

HI Kyle, thanks for your help.

sorry I’m away from the machine till next week but the graphics card is an intel 82945g. I’ll get a screenshot asap but basically it shows the 2 spotty bike images at the bottom left and nothing else! The moviegrabberexample shows a white rectangle of the dimensions of the grabber.

cheers mate!

hmm looking at this page http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945g/sb/CS-021392.htm nothing stands out.

those two ‘spotty images’ actually aren’t images at all, just circles. which means that your card is not showing any textures at all. if there’s some kind of error message it’s printing out to the console, that would be really helpful.