ofVideoGrabber on RaspberryPi: Broken

Hello,

The videoGrabberExample and any other ofVideoGrabber in connection with a USB Webcam
is dysfunctional. It shows only a black camera image if the Video is >160x120px.

With any other Webcam software the camera is working fine, even at Full HD.

As it seems to me, it uses a gstreamer pipe? Is this maybe the problem?

[notice ] ofGstUtils: setPipelineWithSink(): gstreamer pipeline: v4l2src name=video_source device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=RGB,width=160,height=120,framerate=30/1 ! appsink name=ofappsink caps=“video/x-raw, format=RGB, width=160, height=120” <-- works

but with anything above 160x120px, it doesnt.

Hi

As far as i know, it uses gstreamer for the videograbber unless you use the rpicamera.

One fast try its to use an usb powered hub to plug the webcamera

Another one its to use gstreamer directly to make the pipe, you can see a great example here

hope that helps

Hi,

At least the pipe is created. but I see:

[notice ] ofAppEGLWindow: runAppViaInfiniteLoop(): entering infinite loop
[notice ] ofGstUtils: setPipelineWithSink(): gstreamer pipeline: v4l2src name=video_source device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=RGB,width=640,height=480,framerate=60/1 ! appsink name=ofappsink caps="video/x-raw, format=RGB, width=640, height=480"
[verbose] set pipeline SUCCESS
[notice ] ofAppEGLWindow: runAppViaInfiniteLoop(): setting up notifications complete
[warning] ofGstVideoUtils: update(): ofGstVideoUtils not loaded

yeah i see, its that the output from a ofvideograbber or you follow the code of the raspberryPiWorkshop¿?

Also note that you are trying to capture 640*480 at 60fps as your pipe says and this its too much, i dont know any usbwebcam that can get those resolution and framerate on a rpi, try with a lower resolution and framerate

Hi,

Were you able to solve the “ofGstVideoUtils: update(): ofGstVideoUtils not loaded” issue of the VideoGrabber. I’m having the same issue with a fresh install OF 0.90 in both Raspberry Pi B+ and Raspberry Pi 2.

same problem here. it freezes at the first frame. When I interrupt the execution it gives me:

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_unref: assertion ‘mini_object->refcount > 0’ failed
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:168: recipe for target ‘run’ failed

this is the vs that im running on a raspberry pi

test it let me know if it compiles and works for you to

Hi, I passed to OF 9…no more problems now works.

hey did you manege to make it work im on OF 9 and i get the same errors on the camera
how did you fix it