ofTrueTypeFont errors in OF0.8.0

Hi,

Just downloaded OF0.8.0 iOS today and get this error with the fontsExample example app…

trying to lauunch delegate ofxiOSAppDelegate  
2013-08-11 15:14:09.357 fontsExample[36665:707] Creating OpenGL ES1 Renderer  
[ error ] ofTrueTypeFont: loadFontFace(): couldn't create new face for "": FT_Error 2 unknown freetype  
[ error ] ofTrueTypeFont: loadFontFace(): couldn't create new face for "": FT_Error 2 unknown freetype  
2013-08-11 15:14:10.872 fontsExample[36665:707] Received memory warning.  

In my own app (which uses fonts) I get the same error 12 time.

Didn’t get this error with v0073

I got the same problem, but it didn’t seem to make any difference.
The fonts still work in my app, but this is still wired.

Hi!

Its a known issue - the fonts load fine, but we still get this error on iOS.
https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/2381

We’ll get this fix in 0.8.1

Ok, good to know.

I was just taking a look with some debug statements and adding this:

ofLog(OF_LOG_VERBOSE, "filepathname: %s", filename.c_str());  

just before where the error message is triggered shows two different results depending on v0.7.3 or v0.8…

v0.7.3:
[verbose] filepathname: /var/mobile/Applications/3CA0289B-0E34-45CB-919B-5ACB77D7E4E5/KP v2 Dev.app/Helvetica.ttf

v0.8:
[verbose] filepathname: /var/mobile/Applications/3CA0289B-0E34-45CB-919B-5ACB77D7E4E5/KP v2 Dev.app/

And maybe it’s caused by having a class variable called “filename”, but using the same variable name as a local method variable too…?

ahh thanks, that seems helpful and related. I’ve added that to the GH issues.

I notice that ofToDataPath has also changed significantly between OF0.7 and 0.8… so maybe that’s the source…

But would be good to clean up the class vs local variable name anyway… :wink:

Cheers!

I’m encountering the same issue with Xcode 5.1.1 and OFX 8.1 on iOS. It works fine on the simulator but not on my iPhone 5.

Any idea if this issue was really solved with 8.1? If not, is there a stable fix?

Thanks!