ofSoundStream Input issue with Codeblocks & Windows

Hello,

I have this problem when I use Codeblocks to build projects that use the ofSoundstream lib to get input audio streams : RtAudio finds my device but is not able to open the stream (I get this message RtApiDs::probeDeviceOpen: <0> does not support input !)

I don’t have this problem with Visual 2010 where it works perfectly. I would be interested to know if there are other people who have encountered this problem under CB ? Should I try to use ASIO instead of Ds with RtAudio under cb ?

Thierry

PS : for those interested, I’ve started compiling ofxPd under MSCV because of this problem. It now works for about 90% of this project (i still have issues with the write array function, but that’s another topic)

Ok i’ve found a solution (in inputAudioExample) to this problem by adding

soundStream.setDeviceID(myDeviceId);

in testapp.cpp to make it work in Codeblocks (as put in the source code comment).

Indeed when compiled with cb, the mike input is not recognised as the default input device. Consequently the device Id chosen by Rtaudio is 0, which doesn’t fit with the real value. Strangely that does not happen with MSVC, where the mike device is well recognised as the default input. No need to manually set the input device then.

Now, I’ve got to make this work in ofxPd for cb…

Hello,
I have the same problem (RtApiDs::probeDeviceOpen: device < 0 > does not support input!) when I run the code blocks example project for windows that I found in the ofxPd addon.
I tried to add “soundStream.setDeviceID(myDeviceId);” but it doesn’t work for me. The fact is that I need an input and an output stream but every device (I got a list by using ofSoundStreamListDevice()) has the maximun input or output channels equals to 0.
Can someone tell me if there’s a way to have both channels different from zero? (I have windows 7)

Thank you very much!

I solved.
I just created two instances of ofSounsStream, one for the input channel and one for the output channel and set the streams and the input device ID as thierry wrote.

Thank you.

Hi Stef,

sorry I hadn’t seen your message. Glad you’ve made it work though !