ofSetBackgroundAuto(false) not working on Raspberry Pi

Hello!

The ofSetBackgroundAuto(false) for not clearing the screen for each draw, doesn’t seem to work on the Raspberry Pi. It is working fine on the Mac, but when I try the code on a Raspberry Pi, it seems to just ignore the function. Any suggestions?

I am seeing this same problem. Setting ofSetBackgroundAuto to false has no effect, but exact same code works on the Mac. Is this a known problem? are there any fixes or work arounds?

void ofApp::setup(){
    ofSetBackgroundAuto(false);
    ofSetFrameRate(30);
}

void ofApp::draw(){
    ofFill();
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
        ofSetColor((int)ofRandom(0,255),(int)ofRandom(0,255),(int)ofRandom(0,255));
        ofDrawRectangle(ofRandom(0,1280),ofRandom(0,720),ofRandom(10,200),ofRandom(10,200));
    }
}

no i don’t think so, can you open an issue in github?

I opened an issue on github.

Also, for others having this problem and want a background that persists, I just used ofFbo to create one. So the example above would look like this:

void ofApp::setup(){
    fbo.allocate(ofGetWidth(), ofGetHeight() );
    ofSetFrameRate(30);
}

void ofApp::draw(){
    fbo.begin();   // draw to fbo
    ofFill();
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
        ofSetColor((int)ofRandom(0,255),(int)ofRandom(0,255),(int)ofRandom(0,255));
        ofDrawRectangle(ofRandom(0,1280),ofRandom(0,720),ofRandom(10,200),ofRandom(10,200));
    }
    fbo.end();
    fbo.draw(0,0);  // then draw the fbo to screen.  since it is not cleared, the stuff drawn on it persists
}