i started to write a little electron frontend for the package manager. It still needs lot of work on the ui and the final project generation needs to be fixed. I could not make the project generator update the project.
Here is a first draft, so far it does:
open or new
- create a new project (command line project generator called from electron)
- opens an existing project (parsing the addons.make file via command line package manager called from electron)
- add, remove already installed addons (via web ui)
- install missing or new addons (command line package manager called from electron)
- add packages to the addons.make file (command line package manager called from electron)
- i am struggling with: finally update exiting project (command line project generator called from electron).
Do you think that approach is fine?
I think it should be possible to add all the features currently provided by the the project generator frontend. But i wanted to coordinate with you and also with @zach and anyone else who has opinions, ideas and doubts. I think it is quite difficult to merge the package manager frontend with current project generator frontend, as it uses a different ui framework (react).
Here is the code for the frontend.
It uses electron, react, redux, material ui.