ofFbo::allocate Unhandled exception at 0x00000000

Hello,

I am compiling an opensource program that uses ofFbo and after some effort I got it compiled successfully.
When I run the project, I get this access violation.

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in Project_debug.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.

at the line
glGenFramebuffers(1, &fbo);
of the file
ofFbo.cpp

I guess this has something to do with the address of glGenFramebuffers being unknown at runtime.

I am running on windows vista laptop 32bit with intel graphics.
I am using the vs2010 compiled version of openframeworks.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for advance.

Hi, maybe your intel graphics card dosen’t support what the app request to do. Have you another video card in your laptop to switch? Also difficult to give an answer because we need more info about your app, and about settings of the framebuffer ( how many bit of depth buffer, stencil, dou you have enabled alpha? does it 32 or 24 bit?..).Aniway this normallly happens (in 85 % of cases…) when settings of video cards dosen’t match settings of the app.

yes, this is mostly sure related to your graphics card driver, try updating it. it could also be that the graphics card doesn’t really support fbo’s but that would be weird

just to confirm I’ve seen this often with intel cards that are not running the intel driver ( using windows default driver instead ).

however I have also noticed occasional issues with GLEW - where it doesn’t correctly set things for certain cards.

lets us know if you still have issues after updating to the latest intel GMA driver.