ofCurve, undefined symbol

if i use the ofCurve function no matter what i get

Building target “openFrameworks” of project “openFrameworks” with configuration “Release” — (1 error)
cd /Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject
/usr/bin/g+±4.0 -o /Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/ppc/openFrameworks -L/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject -L/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/…/…/libs/freeimage/lib -L/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/…/…/libs/fmodex/lib -L/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/…/…/libs/freetype/lib -F/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject -filelist /Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/ppc/openFrameworks.LinkFileList -framework GLUT -framework ApplicationServices -framework QuickTime -framework CoreServices -framework Carbon -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -framework CoreAudio -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreFoundation /Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/…/…/libs/freeimage/lib/freeimage.a -lfmodex /Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/…/…/libs/freetype/lib/freetype.a -arch ppc -Wl,-Y,1455 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -framework Carbon -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
ofCurve(float, float, float, float, float, float, float, float)
/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/ppc/testApp.o reference to undefined ofCurve(float, float, float, float, float, float, float, float)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
ofCurve(float, float, float, float, float, float, float, float)
/Users/test/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0.03_xcode/app/_emptyProject/build/openFrameworks.build/Release/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/ppc/testApp.o reference to undefined ofCurve(float, float, float, float, float, float, float, float)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build failed (1 error)

Hey,

Thats strange. I just tried:

ofSetColor(123,123,200);  
ofCurve(100,100,200,200, 300, 200, 400, 100);  

And it compiled fine.

Could you let me know what xcode you are running? (go to About Xcode in the Xcode menu).

Also could you try switching your build configuration from Release to Debug? (in the build menu).

Hopefully we can track down your problem!
Cheers,
Theo

version 2.4. debug doesnt help

Hey could you try the attached xcode project.
It should draw a solid purple curve.

http://openframeworks.cc/files/0.03-testCurve-xcode.zip

If that doesn’t work it might be that you have to get Xcode 2.4.1

do the rest of the examples compile for you?

Theo

hehe, this works for me?

Okay well I guess that is good : )
Maybe the next thing to try is to re-download the 0.03 from here:

http://openframeworks.cc/versions/preRelease-v0.03/of-preRelease-v0.03-xcode.zip

And without moving renaming or anything just fire up the empty project and add these lines to testApp::draw() in testApp.cpp

ofSetColor(123,123,200);   
ofCurve(100,100,200,200, 300, 200, 400, 100);