oF not working with Raspberry OS Bullseye?

Hi there,

I’m having trouble getting the make command to work with oF using the latest Raspberry Pi OS.

Compiling oF itself seems to work, but running make on any of the examples runs into an error complaining about a missing -lopenmaxil (openMax).

I’ve read somewhere people have issues with openMax being absent on the RPi4, though I’m running on the new RPi Zero W 2, which should be the same as an RPi3 in terms of processor.

Does anyone have any pointers here? Or ran into similar issues?

Best,
Mickey

I’m suspecting in Bullseye it is in the placement of the libraries. In this post, someone mentions that the /opt/vc/ libraries have been shifted to /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ in bullseye and hence needs to be changed accordingly. If I have more time, I will try to fix this and get back :smiley:

Been banging my head on this for the past few days! If there’s anything I can do to help @pranavb104, happy to support. Just point me in a direction.

I’m not seeing any reference to maxil in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ on the newest RPi Bullseye release (running on a Pi 4 if that makes a difference).

opt/vc/lib/libopenmaxil.so is on the PI on buster.
but nowhere to be found on bullseye.
Just remove the relative flag, it has worked for me:
comment out:

PLATFORM_LIBRARIES += openmaxil

in Openframeworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linuxarmv6l/config.linuxarmv6l.default.mk

Hope this helps,

Best,

P

1 Like