Of Linux installation problem

Hi all,

I successfully installed of over Debian Wheezy following default procedure but there is an issue within Debian Jessie release.

The issue is related to the wxWidgets C++ library.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
codeblocks : Depends: libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 2.8.12.1) but it is not installable
Depends: libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 2.8.12.1) but it is not installable

Err http://apt.wxwidgets.org etch-wx Release.gpg
Could not resolve ‘apt.wxwidgets.org

I suppose I have to fix Debian Jessie repository.

Any suggestion to use an alternative to apt.wxwidgets.org?

Thanks

Alex

www.embeddedrevolution.info

in debian we were still using a custom codeblocks repository that is not needed anymore, at least in jessie. you can revert this extra repo by doing

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wx.list
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cb-nightly.list

and then install codeblocks just using the default repo with:

sudo apt-get install codeblocks

Hello Arturo,

thanks for your fast reply. I checked your advice but still cannot install codeblocks over jessie.

I removed the two extra repo as suggested and I attempted to install the package.

Here the output:

/opt/of_v0.8.4_linux_release/scripts/linux/debian$ sudo apt-get install codeblocks

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     codeblocks : Depends: libcodeblocks0 but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 2.8.12.1) but it is not installable
                  Depends: libwxgtk2.8-0 (>= 2.8.12.1) but it is not installable
                  Recommends: gdb
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

So, is the same issue I have when use the original of installation script.

Please let me know how to manage properly the repo.

Thanks

Alex

try doing an update first:

sudo apt-get update

so it refreshes the repos

No change after apt-get update. Same issue.

I already tried also to install latest library wxWidgets 3.0 without success because codeblocks searching for v2.8 of wxWidgets library.

Thanks

Alex

I am still looking to fix this issue to install of within debian jessie release!

Welcome any advice.

Thanks

Alex

it definetely seems like a problem with debian’s repositories. if you can’t install codeblocks from the main repo then it’s a bug in there. you can try asking in some debian support forum or open an issue in the codeblocks debian pacakge mantainer page.

otherwise openframeworks uses makefiles so you can always just edit the files in any text editor and compile from a console using make and make run to run the applications.

there’s also a manual on how to install eclipse if you want an IDE with auto complete

Yes. I already used Eclipse before but I had some useless issues related to semantic errors although of projects build correctly.

I am working on new open source product (XDAQ) that integrate openFrameworks and whilst codeblocks works fine with Debian Wheezy release it does not work over latest (Jessie). So, I investigated more Eclipse Luna environment and I fixed also semantic questions. It works fine.

The only requirement is install_dependencies.sh script (skipping install_codeblocks.sh).

Thanks

Alex
www.embeddedrevolution.info

Now XDAQ ecosystem includes oF with Eclipse over Debian/Ubuntu, and a lot of powerful scientific tools. It also includes an interesting application, BlinkingLEDs, as demo collaboration between Arduino and oF through Firmata protocol.

I develop openFrameworks programs under Linux with the Makefile and QT creator and it works great. Compiling, code completion, debugging, valgrind analysing.

XDAQ includes also all Qt components through XDAQ setup option [31]. XDAQ provides both Eclipse and Qt Creator IDEs.