OF 0.9.8, ofxKinect, linux mint and qtCreator not working

Hi guys;

I’m trying to view the KinectExample executing it with qtCreator in Linux Mint. I followed the steps in learning section but when I run the project, I can’t get anything with kinect.

I don’t know how can I solve this, can you give me hand?

this is what I get in the Application Output

[verbose] ofxKinect: context inited
[verbose] ofxKinect: 1 device found
Failed to open camera subdevice or it is not disabled.Failed to open motor subddevice or it is not disabled.Failed to open audio subdevice or it is not disabled.[ error ] ofxKinect: could not open device -1
[warning] ofxKinect: update(): device -1 isn’t delivering data, reconnecting tries: 1
Failed to open camera subdevice or it is not disabled.Failed to open motor subddevice or it is not disabled.Failed to open audio subdevice or it is not disabled.[ error ] ofxKinect: could not open device -1
[warning] ofxKinect: update(): device -1 isn’t delivering data, reconnecting tries: 2
[warning] ofxKinect: update(): device -1 isn’t delivering data, reconnecting tries: 3
[verbose] ofxKinect: context cleared

I solve my problem and now write de solution for those who happen to it the same.

I find the solution reading this topic:

https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/2625

before that, only I test in if linux was detecting my kinect with this command in a terminal

lsusb

if it’s detecting you get some like this

Bus 002 Device 015: ID 045e:02ae Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Camera
Bus 002 Device 013: ID 045e:02b0 Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Motor
Bus 002 Device 014: ID 045e:02ad Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Audio
Bus 002 Device 012: ID 0409:005a NEC Corp. HighSpeed Hub

after that, I copied the file

OF/addons/ofxKinect/libs/libfrenect/platform/linux/udev/51-kinect.rules

to

etc/udev/rules/

With this, you could get on Application Output when running the KinectExample some like this:

Debugging starts
[verbose] ofxKinect: context inited
[verbose] ofxKinect: 1 device found
[verbose] ofxKinect: id: 0 serial: A00365A06493132A
[notice ] sensor-emitter dist: 7.5cm
[notice ] sensor-camera dist: 2.4cm
[notice ] zero plane pixel size: 0.1042mm
[notice ] zero plane dist: 120mm
[verbose] ofxKinect: device 0 A00365A06493132A connection opened
[verbose] ofxKinect: device 0 connection closed
[verbose] ofxKinect: context cleared
Debugging has finished