OF 0.9.3 not building 32-bit on OSX

As I had some trouble with building a project, I just downloaded both the previous 0.9.2 and the current 0.9.3 packages and tried building the emptyExample Xcode project. Building the 64 bit version of this sketch is no problem, but in 0.9.3, the 32-bit version can not be build. I get hundreds of errors (this, referenced from that, referenced from that, referenced from that, etc) which in the end boil down to to

l005 in freeimage.a(PluginG3.o-i386)
l015 in freeimage.a(PluginTIFF.o-i386)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Looking at the changelog for 0.9.3 I see
/ FreeImage to freeimage dependencies fix
Can it be this change fix broke 32 bit support? And does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Edit: Tested on OSX 10.11.3, Xcode 7.2.1

thanks for reporting this!
It looks like some 3rd party dependencies weren’t linked for 32bit on OS X.

I made a Github issue for this: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/4993

Thanks so much for letting us know!

ps: you could probably copy the Freeimage folder from 0.9.2 into 0.9.3 to get things working for 32bit as a temporary fix.

@javl Sorry for the trouble on this. We were trying to fix another issue and seemed to have created this issue in the process. @theo’s suggestion is good – though the 0.9.2 libs also had problems ( e.g ofxHTTP segfault and Send email with ofxSMTP / runtime error in example-basic-gmail). So, just be aware of that.

I just went back to 0.9.2 for this particular project and didn’t have any more problems. Just thought it would be worth pointing out for future releases.