OF 0.9.0, can't compile examples on Pi2 Ubuntu

OF Compiled fine after upping my CPU memory but when I try to compile any of the examples I’m getting errors.

/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGLUtils.o): In function `ofGetGLRenderer()':
ofGLUtils.cpp:(.text+0xc70): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::TYPE[abi:cxx11]'
/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofAppEGLWindow.o): In function `ofAppEGLWindow::setup(ofAppEGLWindow::Settings const&)':
ofAppEGLWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4ee8): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::setup()'
ofAppEGLWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4f50): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::ofGLRenderer(ofAppBaseWindow const*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:381: recipe for target 'bin/polygonExample' failed
make[1]: *** [bin/polygonExample] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/neue/openFrameworks/examples/graphics/polygonExample'
/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:126: recipe for target 'Release' failed
make: *** [Release] Error 2

anyone got any ideas? Running on Ubuntu MATE 15.10, although I was trying to a Raspbian based system yesterday too and couldn’t compile there either.

Did you check RPi’s GPU memory? If you set it too low (e.g. 16), you can’t compile projects.

I had it at 64, it was at 128 but OF couldn’t compile so I set it to 64 which worked for OF but compiling the examples straight after doesn’t work.

64 mb seems to be ok. I use OF 0.84 and set minimum 128 mb GPU ram on RPI with NOOBS. I had the same ofAppEGLWindow issues because of my low GPU ram which was 16 mb. There is a complete guide for setup by @bakercp.
I’m not sure the issue is related with your OS or not.

Yeah tried that, also tried running the Debian install script too which did some things with Poco but it made no difference really. Still getting errors:

/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGLUtils.o): In function `ofGetGLRenderer()':
ofGLUtils.cpp:(.text+0xc70): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::TYPE[abi:cxx11]'
/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofAppEGLWindow.o): In function `ofAppEGLWindow::setup(ofAppEGLWindow::Settings const&)':
ofAppEGLWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4ee8): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::setup()'
ofAppEGLWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4f50): undefined reference to `ofGLRenderer::ofGLRenderer(ofAppBaseWindow const*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:381: recipe for target 'bin/polygonExample' failed
make[1]: *** [bin/polygonExample] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/neue/openFrameworks/examples/graphics/polygonExample'
/home/neue/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:126: recipe for target 'Release' failed
make: *** [Release] Error 2

what does this report on the RPi?

gcc -v

My guess is that you are using something lower than gcc 4.9

gcc version 5.2.1 20151010 (Ubuntu 5.2.1-22ubuntu2) 

Damn, not that unfortunately.

gcc 5 probably has it’s own issues though. I would try to see if you are able to install 4.9

Cheers 4.9 seemed to fix it, didn’t seem to at first but then I tried it again today after changing nothing and it compiled fine (must have needed a new shell session post-install or something)