oF 0.8 on Ubuntu 13.10 (saucy)

Yay, I am back. Long time no see. I missed you openFrameworks.

So I just installed oF (on Linux this time, things change) and I ran into a few issues with dependencies. Specifically I had to add the following packages to the install_dependancies.sh script:

libjack0 and libjack-dev (before portaudio19-dev)
libusb-1.0-0-dev

libusb-1.0-0-dev is not super crucial but needed for the kinect examples.

libjack0 and libjack-dev are dependencies for portaudio19-dev which did not automatically install for some reason. I am not entirely sure why these two packacked wouldn’t install automatically. Installing them manually did the trick though.

OK, moving on to the BeagleBone …

hm I don’t see why libjack-dev shouldn’t be installed, as it is a dependency.
libusb-1.0-0-dev, however, already is in the install script on current master, so that is a bug which has already been fixed.

It’s totally possible that the portaudio19-dev dependency issue is specific to my system. My first guess is that it’s related to having libportaudio-dev installed. It may be a conflict of libportaudio-dev and portaudio19-dev dependencies.

portaudio and jack have been always problematic dependencies because portaudio is really old and depends on an old versin of jack i think. we are now using rtaudio as default so portaudio is not needed anymore, i’ll probably remove it for next version.

wellcome back btw : )

yes, libportaudio and portaudio conflict afaik.

@arturo maybe make the move away from portaudio soon, we just had another bug report with a portaudio dependency problem https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/2755