OF 0.11.0 - Visual Studio 2017 - Release Error

I installed the new 0.11.0 to see if I could get rid of this error that won’t allow me to build in release mode. No luck.

openframeworksLib_debug.lib(ofThread.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ofxThreadedImageLoader.obj

This time I could compile the threadedImageLoader example and it ran in Release.
Any idea? This is driving me nuts.
Thanks a lot.

Hi @prandam, I just tried running the threadedImageLoader example in both Debug and Release and didn’t encounter any issues.

A couple of questions:

• Are you using Visual Studio 2017?
  • Are you using the project generator to create the VS files?
1 Like

Hi,

@NickHardeman and @prisonerjohn just tested this example with the 0.11.0 release on VS 2017 and it worked without issue for Debug and Release on both 32bit and 64bit.

Did you setup VS 2017 according to this guide?
https://openframeworks.cc/setup/vs/

Did you try cleaning all targets and rebuilding in Release?

Thanks @prisonerjohn and @theo
I can run the threadedImageLoader example in 32 and 64 Debug and Release modes. My problem is with my project (that only uses threadeImageLoader addon, runs OK in 32/Debug and doesn’t have any reported errors in the code). In 32bits Release I get many lines like this one:

openframeworksLib_debug.lib(ofThread.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ofxThreadedImageLoader.obj

In 64bits/Debug I get:
1>openframeworksLib_debug.lib(ofURLFileLoader.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

I updated oF to 11 from the last version. The VS setup process was followed to the letter but maybe I should re-install it?

Thanks a lot for your time!

It sounds like the project itself is not configured properly and its not cleaning the OF lib when you switch.
Can you try cleaning the OF Lib project dependency in VS and the project itself before recompiling?

Are you using the project generator to create the project with the addon or manually adding it to VS?
If you are not using the PG can you try making a new project with the project generator and see if that builds fine?

1 Like

Redoing the whole thing from a new Project Generator project and importing my /src files did the trick! And yes, I think you are right about the project still looking for the old libs (that doesn’t explain the same errors in the older version, but this maybe happened due to VS 2107 compatibility issues in OF 10)

Thanks a lot!!

1 Like