OF 0.11.0 Release

I ran the script and followed every step of the getting started raspberry guide. This error also happened on the git version prior to of 0.11.0 release. The only difference is I had legacy driver. Changed to Driver Full KMS, reboot, same linker error, any example, from the of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release. Same makefiles from the release. Since it compiles OF ok, in the new GLFW mechanism, i am lost trying to figure out how to track this linker error, since libopenframeworks.a is there…

The only difference i find is using Rpi3b+. But this worked before. Now with Raspbian 10 things have never worked for me :confused:

Here is another snippet from 3dmodelloader example:

Linking bin/3DModelLoaderExample for linuxarmv6l
g++ -o bin/3DModelLoaderExample  obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/ofApp.o obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/main.o  /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/addons/obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/ofxAssimpModelLoader/src/ofxAssimpAnimation.o /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/addons/obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/ofxAssimpModelLoader/src/ofxAssimpMeshHelper.o /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/addons/obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/ofxAssimpModelLoader/src/ofxAssimpModelLoader.o /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/addons/obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/ofxAssimpModelLoader/src/ofxAssimpTexture.o  /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a   -Wl,-rpath=./libs:./bin/libs -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--gc-sections -pthread -latomic -L/opt/vc/lib /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/kiss/lib/linuxarmv6l/libkiss.a /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/tess2/lib/linuxarmv6l/libtess2.a   -lz -lgstapp-1.0 -lgstvideo-1.0 -lgstbase-1.0 -lgstreamer-1.0 -ludev -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lsndfile -lopenal -lcurl -lglfw -lrtaudio -lasound -lpulse-simple -lpulse -lgtk-3 -lgdk-3 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lcairo-gobject -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lmpg123 -lGLEW -lGLU -lGL -lassimp -lfreeimage -lboost_filesystem -lboost_system -lpugixml -luriparser -lXinerama -lglfw -lGLESv2 -lGLESv1_CM -lEGL -lopenmaxil -lbcm_host -lvcos -lvchiq_arm -lpcre -lrt -lX11 -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): in function `ofBackgroundGradient(ofColor_<unsigned char> const&, ofColor_<unsigned char> const&, ofGradientMode)':
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x469c): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofBaseTypes.o): in function `ofBaseMaterial::uploadMatrices(ofShader const&, ofGLProgrammableRenderer&) const':
ofBaseTypes.cpp:(.text+0x13cc): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniformMatrix4f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, glm::mat<4, 4, float, (glm::qualifier)0> const&, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofLight.o): in function `ofLightsData()':
ofLight.cpp:(.text+0x48): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofLight.o): in function `ofLight::setup()':
ofLight.cpp:(.text+0x32f0): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGLUtils.o): in function `ofGetGLRenderer()':
ofGLUtils.cpp:(.text+0x1174): undefined reference to `ofGLProgrammableRenderer::TYPE[abi:cxx11]'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofTexture.o): in function `ofTexture::generateMipmap()':
ofTexture.cpp:(.text+0xf20): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofTexture.o): in function `ofTexture::allocate(ofPixels_<unsigned char> const&)':
ofTexture.cpp:(.text+0x19f4): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofTexture.o): in function `ofTexture::allocate(ofPixels_<unsigned char> const&, bool)':
ofTexture.cpp:(.text+0x1b40): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofTexture.o): in function `ofTexture::allocate(ofPixels_<unsigned short> const&)':
ofTexture.cpp:(.text+0x1d40): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofTexture.o): in function `ofTexture::allocate(ofPixels_<unsigned short> const&, bool)':
ofTexture.cpp:(.text+0x1e8c): undefined reference to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofTexture.o):ofTexture.cpp:(.text+0x208c): more undefined references to `ofIsGLProgrammableRenderer()' follow
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofMaterial.o): in function `ofMaterial::updateMaterial(ofShader const&, ofGLProgrammableRenderer&) const':
ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x254): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4fv(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float const*, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x2ac): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4fv(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float const*, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x2f4): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4fv(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float const*, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x33c): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4fv(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float const*, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x390): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4fv(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float const*, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x3dc): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform1f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x40c): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform1f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, float) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform2f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, glm::vec<2, float, (glm::qualifier)0> const&) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x474): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform3f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, glm::vec<3, float, (glm::qualifier)0> const&) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x4a8): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, glm::vec<4, float, (glm::qualifier)0> const&) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x4e4): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform1i(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x518): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform2i(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x554): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform3i(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, int, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x598): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniform4i(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, int, int, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x5d0): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniformMatrix4f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, glm::mat<4, 4, float, (glm::qualifier)0> const&, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x608): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniformMatrix3f(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, glm::mat<3, 3, float, (glm::qualifier)0> const&, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: ofMaterial.cpp:(.text+0x644): undefined reference to `ofShader::setUniformTexture(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, int, int) const'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pi/Desktop/ofrpi/of_v0.11.0_linuxarmv6l_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv6l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofMaterial.o): in function `ofMaterial::updateLights(ofShader const&, ofGLProgrammableRenderer&) const':

Thanks for any insight, I can troubleshoot whatever necessary, thank you for following up.

Ok, took the trouble to install fresh new Raspbian 10 Desktop (I had started with lite and built my own desktop…)

No more linker errors! Apps run! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear! :+1:
You had me worried for a second :slight_smile:

All the best,
Theo

This is amazing work - thanks!

There are still some very old bugs in the iOS PG. To be honest I never can figure out the work flow to get PG running. Metal files are not added to the build and Xcode does not open from the button.

I have a fork of PG with the fixes.

Thanks @vanderlin :slight_smile:
I’ll add that to the 0.11.1 issue list.

Maybe you could do a PR to the PG repo?

Hey just wanna say thank you for all the great work! I use OF for all my professional work and I love the software and all its capabilities :slight_smile:

Im still facing issues with code signing errors unfortunately with this version. I am currently running Xcode 11.2.1 (after an automatic mac update…) and since then out of desperation and frustration at all the code signing errors i also updated my OS to Catalina (oops). Im using a 2018 macbook pro 15.

The code signing errors goes away after i remove the built application (debug/release) and xcode builds a new file entirely, but after a few changes to my code I get the same error again.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks in advanced!
Max

@maxjala - thanks!
Do you think you could share the exact error message you are getting?

I was wondering if on 10.15 it might complain about any 32bit code being present.
Curious what the error message is.

Thanks!

Here is the exact error message. I usually do not use a signing identity but I have tried using my apple account (dont know if it matters) and I get the same error.

Let me know if there are any other details I can provide.

Thanks!

Hmm that is strange.
That error is pretty specific. There are some commands you can run to see which is the file that is causing the error. https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1940/_index.html

Do you see this issue if you run the emptyExample in examples/templates/emptyExample?

Just trying to track this down if its an issue with a specific file you have in your project, or something in OF.

I’ll update my Xcode to 11.2.1 and see if I run into it.

So I have run the command and this is the result:

The emptyExample works fine until I make some changes and add some code to it at which point i get the same error. From my knowledge this is the general pattern I have been facing with all projects since updating to Xcode 11.2.1.

I have tried the solutions mentioned here too:

They work to build the file initially, but once again as soon as I make changes to the code I get the same error.

Thanks @maxjala
I am on Xcode 11.2.1 now and don’t have any issues with 0.11.0 tried building a project a few times and making changes.

On your end it does sound like it is not related to any particular file though but anything in OF.

Are you using iCloud Drive? That was the only thing I noticed on that thread. https://stackoverflow.com/a/39703919

That seems to be exactly the issue! I’ve disabled iCloud Drive now and it seems to be working fine… hoping it stays this way haha

Thanks so much for the help @theo! excited to get back to normal development :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing this announcement, I downloaded and tested the android port with fingers crossed, thinking the shaders are probably still not working for my purposes for the nth time…

But lo and behold! They finally worked!!! My goodness, what a treat! Thank you so much for this Christmas gift to everyone who made this happen. After months of delayed project launches, I’ll finally be able to push thru!!!

1 Like

This release went much more smoothly than the last major release (0.10). Updating the swig wrapper for OF and GLM only involved shuffling some headers and declarations for GLM. Also glad to be able to upgrade to Xcode 11.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the right approach but fixes the bug.

Has anyone compiled an of app on osx catalina with the makefiles? I have not yet updated and i think travis uses mojave. A colleague of mine reported an error, but i am not sure his machine is configured correctly. The project downloads the newest release from the website.

Compiling OF library for Release
makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:217: *** This package doesn't support your platform, /Users/username/Documents/projects/projectname/of_v0.11.0_osx_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project probably you downloaded the wrong package?.  Stop.

Did they make sure Xcode and Command Line Tools were installed?
Once they have downloaded Xcode they can do this in the terminal:
xcode-select --install to install the command line tools.

Thanks Theo. they are already installed.
xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates
There is xcode Version 10.2.1 (10E1001) installed and the command line tools are updated.

It is not super important to get it working on his machine, i was just wondering if this is a bug others might run into as well.
Does it work on your machine?

I would definitely update to Xcode 11.2 .1 or whatever is the latest for them.
I am on 10.14.6 and Xcode 11.2.1 and it compiles on the command line without issue for me.

I wonder though if in 10.15 the host name changed from Darwin to macOS or something else?
The error seems related to not finding the right host name.

Can they try:

export MAKEFILE_DEBUG=1 && make && make run

in any of the example project folders?

And share this section of the output?

HOST_OS=Darwin
PLATFORM_ARCH=x86_64
PLATFORM_OS=Darwin
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=Darwin
CROSS_COMPILING=0
PLATFORM_VARIANT=default
IS_RASPBIAN=