OF 0.10.1_gcc6 compile errors on Fedora 29

Hi everyone,

I am having my first foray into Linux from Win/Mac, and expecting the installation process to be as effortless as on VS/XCode I ran into couple of issues:

• I was missing apothecary libs, that weren’t mentioned in the setup guide (a couple pokes around forum led me to pulling it from git, so no biggie)
    -during install_dependencies.sh for Fedora, I get stuck at:
make[1]: *** [makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofOpenALSoundPlayer.o] Error 1
make: *** [makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:212: Debug] Error 2
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums

As I am super fresh with working in Linux, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

The problem reported in your snippet is not there, you need to include more of the output.

But it’s weird, I’m using openframeworks on Fedora 29 and it’s working fine.

Did you also install the codecs?

Hi ShadowMitia,

Yeah I installed the codecs. Here’s full log:

HOST_OS=Linux
checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib gstreamer-app-1.0 gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 gstreamer-base-1.0 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal libcurl glfw3 rtaudio libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk+-3.0 libmpg123 
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
HOST_OS=Linux
checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib gstreamer-app-1.0 gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 gstreamer-base-1.0 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal libcurl glfw3 rtaudio libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk+-3.0 libmpg123 
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
Compiling /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.cpp
g++ -g3 -DDEBUG -Wall -Werror=return-type -std=c++14 -DGCC_HAS_REGEX -DOF_USING_GTK -DOF_USING_GTK -DOF_USING_MPG123 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0 -I/usr/include/orc-0.4 -I/usr/include/AL -I/usr/include/rtaudio -D__UNIX_JACK__ -D__LINUX_ALSA__ -D__LINUX_PULSE__ -I/usr/include/alsa -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include -pthread -I/home/arty/OF/libs/fmodex/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/glm/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/glm/include/glm -I/home/arty/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/detail -I/home/arty/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/gtx -I/home/arty/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/gtc -I/home/arty/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/simd -I/home/arty/OF/libs/json/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/kiss/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/pugixml/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/tess2/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/utf8/include -I/home/arty/OF/libs/utf8/include/utf8 -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/sound -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/gl -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/types -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/3d -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/math -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/communication -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/video -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/app -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/utils -I/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/events  -MMD -MP -MF /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.d -MT/home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.o -o /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.o -c /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.cpp
In file included from /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:212,
                 from /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.h:11,
                 from /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.cpp:8:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12066:105: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)'
 GLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

In file included from /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:210,
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18734:28: note: previous declaration as 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)'
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLfloat* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:212,
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12068:103: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)'
 FNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

In file included from /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:210,
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18736:28: note: previous declaration as 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)'
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLint* params);
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12070:96: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, const GLfloat*)'
 NTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18730:28: note: previous declaration as 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLfloat*)'
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, GLfloat* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12072:94: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, const GLint*)'
 IENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18732:28: note: previous declaration as 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLint*)'
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, GLint* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12079:104: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)'
 NGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18743:28: note: previous declaration as 'typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)'
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLfloat* data);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12080:102: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)'
 PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18744:28: note: previous declaration as 'typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)'
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLint* data);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12083:74: error: 'void __glewFragmentColorMaterialSGIX(GLenum, GLenum)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 GLAPI void APIENTRY glFragmentColorMaterialSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum mode);
                                                                          ^
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22672:52: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentColorMaterialSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTCOLORMATERIALSGIXPROC __glewFragmentColorMaterialSGIX;
                                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12084:84: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightfSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 void APIENTRY glFragmentLightfSGIX (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLfloat param);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22677:45: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightfSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFSGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightfSGIX;
                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12085:93: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightfvSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 NTRY glFragmentLightfvSGIX (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22678:46: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightfvSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightfvSGIX;
                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12086:82: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightiSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLint)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 I void APIENTRY glFragmentLightiSGIX (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLint param);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22679:45: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightiSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTISGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightiSGIX;
                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12087:91: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightivSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 IENTRY glFragmentLightivSGIX (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22680:46: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightivSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightivSGIX;
                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12088:75: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightModelfSGIX(GLenum, GLfloat)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 GLAPI void APIENTRY glFragmentLightModelfSGIX (GLenum pname, GLfloat param);
                                                                           ^
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22673:50: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightModelfSGIX)(GLenum, GLfloat)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFSGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightModelfSGIX;
                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12089:84: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightModelfvSGIX(GLenum, const GLfloat*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 void APIENTRY glFragmentLightModelfvSGIX (GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22674:51: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightModelfvSGIX)(GLenum, GLfloat*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightModelfvSGIX;
                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12090:73: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightModeliSGIX(GLenum, GLint)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 GLAPI void APIENTRY glFragmentLightModeliSGIX (GLenum pname, GLint param);
                                                                         ^
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22675:50: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightModeliSGIX)(GLenum, GLint)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELISGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightModeliSGIX;
                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12091:82: error: 'void __glewFragmentLightModelivSGIX(GLenum, const GLint*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 I void APIENTRY glFragmentLightModelivSGIX (GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22676:51: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentLightModelivSGIX)(GLenum, GLint*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC __glewFragmentLightModelivSGIX;
                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12092:86: error: 'void __glewFragmentMaterialfSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 id APIENTRY glFragmentMaterialfSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLfloat param);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22681:48: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentMaterialfSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTMATERIALFSGIXPROC __glewFragmentMaterialfSGIX;
                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12093:95: error: 'void __glewFragmentMaterialfvSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 RY glFragmentMaterialfvSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22682:49: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentMaterialfvSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC __glewFragmentMaterialfvSGIX;
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12094:84: error: 'void __glewFragmentMaterialiSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLint)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 void APIENTRY glFragmentMaterialiSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLint param);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22683:48: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentMaterialiSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTMATERIALISGIXPROC __glewFragmentMaterialiSGIX;
                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12095:93: error: 'void __glewFragmentMaterialivSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 NTRY glFragmentMaterialivSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22684:49: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewFragmentMaterialivSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC __glewFragmentMaterialivSGIX;
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12096:90: error: 'void __glewGetFragmentLightfvSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 PIENTRY glGetFragmentLightfvSGIX (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22685:49: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewGetFragmentLightfvSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLGETFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC __glewGetFragmentLightfvSGIX;
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12097:88: error: 'void __glewGetFragmentLightivSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
  APIENTRY glGetFragmentLightivSGIX (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22686:49: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewGetFragmentLightivSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLGETFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC __glewGetFragmentLightivSGIX;
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12098:92: error: 'void __glewGetFragmentMaterialfvSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 ENTRY glGetFragmentMaterialfvSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLfloat *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22687:52: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewGetFragmentMaterialfvSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC __glewGetFragmentMaterialfvSGIX;
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12099:90: error: 'void __glewGetFragmentMaterialivSGIX(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 PIENTRY glGetFragmentMaterialivSGIX (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
                                                                              ^

/usr/include/GL/glew.h:22688:52: note: previous declaration 'void (* __glewGetFragmentMaterialivSGIX)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)'
 GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC __glewGetFragmentMaterialivSGIX;
make[1]: *** [makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:240: /home/arty/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundBuffer.o] Error 1
make: *** [makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:212: Debug] Error 2
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums

Edit: just realised this is happening when running compileOF.sh not install_dependencies smh

this is a known error in very recent linux distributions that will be solved in the next release, meanwhile you can use the nightly builds