ODROID XU - Compile Error

Hello,

I got an ODROID-XU, with Xubuntu 13.10. I have installed OF 0.8.

When I compile an example for testing I got the following eror:

…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.cpp: In member function ‘void ofFbo::allocate(ofFbo::Settings)’:
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.cpp:419:41: error: ‘GL_STENCIL_INDEX’ was not declared in this scope
settings.depthStencilInternalFormat = GL_STENCIL_INDEX;
^
make[2]: *** […/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Release] Error 2
make: *** [Release] Error 2

Can anyone point me out to solve this? Do I need an additional OpenGL ES driver?

Ok, I think I have sort out this.

For some reason on ODROID-XU OpenGL ES, this should be changed. (https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/pull/2574)

GL_STENCIL_INDEX

to

GL_STENCIL_INDEX8

also on this files:

../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.cpp: In function ‘int ofGetGlTypeFromInternal(int)’:
../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.cpp:264:8: error: ‘GL_STENCIL_INDEX’ was not declared in this scope
   case GL_STENCIL_INDEX:
        ^
make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.o] Error 1

../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.cpp: In function ‘int ofGetGlTypeFromInternal(int)’:
../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.cpp:264:8: error: ‘GL_STENCIL_INDEX’ was not declared in this scope
   case GL_STENCIL_INDEX:
        ^
make[2]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/obj/Release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.o] Error 1

There is another Bug here:

/usr/bin/ld: ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linuxarmv7l/libopenFrameworks.a(ofVbo.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.4'
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdl.so.2: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bin/videoGrabberExample] Error 1

This one not sure how to solve i. any ideas?

Ok… I think was solved…

On the : config.make you need to add:

USER_LDFLAGS = -ldl

But now there is another error, the test does not work at all :frowning:

odroid@odroid:~/of_v0.8.0_linuxarmv7l_release/examples/video/videoGrabberExample/bin$ ./videoGrabberExample 
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PutImage)
  Serial number of failed request:  112
  Current serial number in output stream:  113

You might find better luck cloning and running from the repo master branch, at least I did running on the ODROID-U3.

Did the GL driver situation change recently for the XU running linux? Last I heard, only the Android image had markable GL support.

Hi, no… sadly the OGLES driver is not ready yet. :frowning:

Ahh, that might account for the GL hang-ups you reported. When I have some more time later this week, I’ll see what the story is on the ODROID-U3 with those examples and report back.