Nuc + fullscreen+projector + win10 = black screen ["solution"]

another day another problem with this nuc
black screen when fullscreen
tried with glut and glfw …same problem

any ideas?

i think it is not O.F related

?

Well, since I was already in the latest graphics card drivers

I considered updating the bios, …I read the long bios log and didn’t find anything that solved this directly but I decided to proceed and flash the bios anyway …maybe hoping deep inside my soul that this NUC thing will just die…

well the bios update completed successfully

but ofcourse the problem remained…

:pouting_cat:

I put my tinfoil hat and proceed with nonesense:

I thought I try start the program in window mode and then toggle to fullscreen using a fancy algorithm…

nothing…

I then thought I start in window mode and then toggle to fullscreen using a key in the keyboard…

nothing… black screen all the time…

Then… I thought I toogle to full screen using mousePressed… (sure why not right?)

and guess what… without any particular reason this WORKS… @!!!@£!@$!@@£%£@%@£%£%@

I can only assume that by pressing on the window when toggleing it puts focus to the fullscreen window??? NO IDEA
why guys…

IF ANYBODY knows why PLEASE be my guest…

so for now I start program in window, toggle using mousePressed. …(not key Pressed no key released… …only mouse :mouse2:

:confused: :crocodile: :ear: :no_bicycles: :mouse:

have you tried using a different computer? it will help to figure out if its a hardware bug or something else either in your code or possibly the OF core

99.9% it is not OF related it’s either something to do with NUC and my projector and/or/with its thunderbolt output (to vga) I haven’t tested the mini hdmi, nor with a different projector to be honest…
nor do I remember If I had this issue when I had ubuntu on it…

I’ve used OF in a lot of machines in all platforms, never had this issue,
plus I tested it with GLUT and the problem appears.

anyhow, this is more like a head’s up to people thinking of using the NUC.
:thumbsup:

it’s not perfect.

1 Like