Nothing works - install on Ubuntu

It’s the old “nothing works”. I’m on Ubuntu 14.10. Everything compiles OK. I can launch Codeblocks. Inside of Codeblocks, everything compiles OK, no warnings or errors, BUT run presents an empty black Xterm window.

Running from the command line does nothing as well.

This page says “Do you have the graphics card drivers installed? Some openGL functions don’t exist in the default software drivers and even if they do you application will be really slow.”

I’ve installed OpenGL (3.0 Mesa 10.4.0). The glxgears test program works, so I’m guessing things are setup - anything else to try?

I am in the same situation. I was expecting a empty GUI window, but only got a xterm.

i m not sure its the same issue, but i had to change the window manager in some on my apps, seems it was working with
ofAppGlutWindow window;

(must also #include “ofAppGlutWindow.h”)

but it didn’t work with ofAppGLEWWindow for example…

@jamet, you have the correct idea for 14.10.

Upgrade to 15.04 if possible, 14.04 and 14.10 had issues with the GUI window.

this was an issue with the version of unity (ubuntus window manager) in 14.10. it’s fixed in 14.04 and 15.04 but won’t get fixed in 14.10 you can also use a glut window. the next release will also solve it since glfw added a workaround for this bug lately.

thanks @brnold, but i want to keep an lts version, so i will keep the glut window manager :smile: