New to OFW and c++

Hello everyone, I am excited to start using OFW. I am new to c++ and visual studio. I believe I have done eveything to download the software but I have tried running it on windows (visual studio) countless times and I cant’ seem to get it running. I am willing to learn everything I need to know in order to start making some cool stuff. If someone can point me in the right direction to getting everything set up that would be much appreciated. Thank you guys, and I look forward to meeting some of you and showing yall my projects! :smiley:

Hi,
using openFrameworks on visual studio is quite straight forwards. Download the VisualStudio version of openFrameworks from here.. There are also some setup instructions. Make sure you install Visual Studio 2017 Community edition. When installing you have to choose to install the C++ stuff.
Then it is as simple as opening any example (inside any of the examples there is a file with .sln extension. That’s the one you need to open). Then just hit the Run button.
You might also want to take a look at https://openframeworks.cc/ofBook/chapters/setup_and_project_structure.html
The ofBook is a very good resource for starting, and understanding OF.
hope this helps