New installation process

This morning, while i was installing everything, i tried to compile the first examples but i got an error with “freetype”. I didn’t find a package for it pre-installed so looked for it on the net. The package was freetype-2.1.10spl etc etc. Is this the right package?

I don’t know if that was a wrong initial installation or something that is missing on the Dev-C++ install instructions.

F.

same here,same issue, only got fonts examples working

here’s log file

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: “F:\of_preRelease_v0.01_devcpp\apps\imageLoaderExample\Makefile.win”
Executing make…
make.exe -f “F:\of_preRelease_v0.01_devcpp\apps\imageLoaderExample\Makefile.win” all
g++.exe obj/ofQtUtils.o obj/ofQtVideoGrabber.o obj/ofQtVideoPlayer.o obj/ofMath.o obj/ofUtils.o obj/ofAudio.o obj/ofGraphics.o obj/ofImage.o obj/ofTexture.o obj/ofTrueTypeFont.o obj/ofAppRunner.o obj/main.o obj/testApp.o -o “bin\imageLoaderExample.exe” -L"D:/Dev-Cpp/lib" …/…/libs/freeImage/FreeImage.lib …/…/libs/RtAudio/RtAudio.a …/…/libs/quicktime/Libraries/qtmlClient.lib -l glut32 -l opengl32 -l glu32 -l freetype -l dsound -l winmm -l dxguid -l strmbase -l strmiids -l z -l uuid -l ole32 -l oleaut32

D:\Dev-Cpp\Bin…\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2…\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lfreetype
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [bin/imageLoaderExample.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

thank you in advanced

Heh… good to see this is an issue for others too. I did a search for freetype devpacks, downloaded it and then everything works as expected.

Here’s the link to the freetype 2.2.1 (and a bunch of other packs) on SF:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile-…-p-id=94270

direct download link:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile-…–id=366434

Am not sure if this is the latest version, but the demo apps all seem to work fine with it…

hth!

thxs,toxi. its working now,everythings fine

ah - I’m sorry, I seem to have put in couple of wrong linking paths — we were trying different dev-c++ configurations out. I had that devpak installed, so I didn’t realize the problem.

I am going to fix now the examples and the dev-c++ instructions. I think it should be ok if you add this:

…/…/libs/freetype/lib/libfreetype.a

to the linker section

project options > parameters > linker

and remove -l freetype

sorry about the confusion ----

zach

update : I’ve replaced the dev-c++ projects with the proper linking now (linking also to the local glut), and changed the setup documents. Can you let me know if there are still any compile problems?

(side note - linking to the latest version of glut locally meant I had to change the .dll - you should be able to find everything needed to run and compile in the new demos…)

sorry for the hiccup -

take care -
zach