Need help! Windows7 won´t execute after compiling.

Need help!
I new to Openframeworks, and installed everything as in the OF site.
CodeBlocks compiles ok, but when the app wants to start (execute), windows 7 says that the app stopped working (this happens before it ever works).

This is what codeblocks says:

Checking for existence: C:\of_v0071_win_cb_release\examples\3d\advanced3dExample\bin\advanced3dExample.exe
Executing: “C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/cb_console_runner.exe” “C:\of_v0071_win_cb_release\examples\3d\advanced3dExample\bin\advanced3dExample.exe” (in C:\of_v0071_win_cb_release\examples\3d\advanced3dExample\bin)
Process terminated with status -1073741510 (0 minutes, 8 seconds)

Thanks for the help

Do other examples compile correctly? If even the empty example won’t run you have a problem with your Of installation . You can also try setting the log level of Open Frameworks

ofSetLogLevel( OF_LOG_VERBOSE ) ;

To get more relevant output. Also try running the project through a debugger to get more information about the crash .

The emptyExample works, but the other examples don´t.

This is what debugging says:

Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Build succeeded
Selecting target:
release
Adding source dir: C:\of_v0071_win_cb_release\examples\3d\advanced3dExample\
Adding source dir: C:\of_v0071_win_cb_release\examples\3d\advanced3dExample\
Changing directory to: bin
Adding file: bin\advanced3dExample.exe
Starting debugger:
done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints
(no debugging symbols found)
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb 6.8
Child process PID: 1052
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
In ?? () ()

are you on Windows 64bit or 32bit?
are you opening the workspace or the project file? you need to make sure to open the workspace as that contains the OF project.
also could you try recompiling the OF project - it should be in your workspace - I think you can right click and select rebuild.

also are you running windows in a virtual machine? which graphics card do you have? and do you have the graphics card drivers properly installed? it could be that you didn’t have some openGL functions available and the app is crashing trying to call them. if you know how to debug it will be helpful if you could find in which line it is crashing

Arturo:

The same think happened to me last week, and was because the graphic drivers that i installed in that particular machine only supported openGL 1.1 (an old machine, with an intel series 4 card). The main offenders were changing the vertical sync and the blend mode set as alpha, and both are used in that example.

@MHeleno: are you still having this problem?

Could you let us know a little more about your machine and OS? ie., graphics card, OS version (32/64bit?) and if this is a native boot or virtual machine?

And which version of OF did you download?

Thank you all for your help!

It was a virtualbox issue. After I enabled 3d aceleration in VitualBox and updated Windows7, every example started to work.

The things is, I work in OSx, but some friends of mine had Windows/OF problems, só I installed a VirtualMachine and tried to help them, but forgot about this issue.

Thanks alot for your help!

hey,

I’m running into this same problem and am not sure how to debug it.

I’m using Win7 64bit through virtual box on an OsX 10.7.4 machine with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB
enabled 3d acceleration and applied windows updates, but still no luck…
I’m looking for drivers for the graphics card, just in case, but any pointers greatly appreciated.
thanks
j

i don’t think there’s a solution for these, the graphics card appears in the vm os as a different graphics card than the native one i think and the capabilities are limited so sometimes when trying to call a function that is not supprted by the virtualbox driver you’ll get a crash. perhaps you can try with a different vm system like vmware or something like that

oh damn. will try bootcamp or… an actual windows computer.
thanks arturo.
j

Hi everyone,

I started using openFramework today in my laptop (running Windows 7) and I had the same problem mentioned above. When I was trying to run the examples that come with oF, the emptyExample was working just fine, but none of the graphics examples worked with me. All of them crashed just before the running process (and after compilation).

Fortunately, I managed to solve the problem by visiting Intel support center then updating a few of my laptop’s drivers (including the Graphics driver).

I restarted my machine, all the examples now seem to work, magically, fine. Thanks God :smiley:

I thought someone could be in the same situation I had. So I decided to share my experience with you guys.

Same trouble here.

I have pc with

corei3, nvidia 410M graphics card and win7 home basic 64bit.

I installed codeblocks 12.11 with migw in d:\codeblocks. My user account is administrator of the machine.

All example compiles but crashes afterwards. Tried changing the driver from nvidia from opengl site. No help.

Please help. Going nuts here.

OF currently doesn’t work with CB 12.11
You’ll need version 10.05.

Please follow these steps:

Hope that helps!
Theo

http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/5

a few days ago it was on the site - they must have moved it.
I’ll update the setup doc.

next OF release will support 12.11

Cheers!
theo

Hello,

I was recently trying to work with openframeworks with CodeBlocks (CB v 12.11). And I followed the setup steps descried at http://www.openframeworks.cc/setup/codeblocks/#additions

I am facing the same issue (segmentation fault) as described above. After stumbling across the post I also tried working with CB (v 10.05)

I am using the ofx (v 0.7.4).

I am not able to run even the emptyExample. I have used the older versions of openframworks with CB (v 10.05) but I never came across the problem.

Please let me what can be done to resole the issue. Thanks in advance!

My bad everything worked fine with Code Blocks v12.11 and ofx v0.7.4. I tried again with the steps described on the site.

thanks… :slight_smile:

Hi all,
I used OF 0.73/0.74 + CB10.05 + windows 7 to compile examples,
but I got errors as follows:

“openFrameworksLib - release” uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping…
“emptyExample - release” uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping…
Nothing to be done.

Does anyone know what happened? thanks!

kaykay

Hi all,
I’ve solved this problem~(but got another problem><")