Msys2 dependencies for a standalone app (v0.9.8)

Hi mingw friends,

My basic question is: What is the right way to distribute my app on windows?

I decided to give msys2 a try (since it has less dependencies than VS2015 … I thought).
Everything went fine, until I copied my app to a clean WIN7 computer. It needed some dlls, like libwinpthread, etc. I copied all from the mingw32/bin to the data… and finally… the app wont start just crash (without any usable info)
I’ve also noticed that there is a “make copy_dlls” command, which should do the same thing, but it does not start, giving me this error:

HOST_OS=MINGW32_NT-6.1
checking pkg-config libraries: cairo zlib openssl glew
copying dlls to bin
cp: cannot stat ‘/mingw32/bin/libjasper-1.dll’: No such file or directory
make: *** [/c/of_v0.9.8_msys2_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/msys2/config.msys2.default.mk:315: copy_dlls] Error 1

by changing the MSYS2_ROOT = /mingw32 to MSYS2_ROOT = /msys64/mingw32
it says:

HOST_OS=MINGW32_NT-6.1
checking pkg-config libraries: cairo zlib openssl glew
/bin/sh: /msys64/mingw32/bin/pkg-config: No such file or directory
/c/of_v0.9.8_msys2_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:294: *** cairo not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh? zlib not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh? openssl not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh? glew not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh?. Stop.

And yes, I’ve run the latest install_dependencies.sh…

any help would be very appreciated!

My short answer to myself: using visual studio and providing VS redistributable https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Works on most versions of windows…