MSARootViewController

hi, just wondering if anyone has an example of using MSARootViewController from the latest ofxiPhone addon.

was thinking it would be nice to have the settings page of my app on a separate page.

thx,
L.

to be honest MSARootViewController is left over from when I first checked in ofxiPhone to the svn about a year ago! it was just a file I was using stuck in the folder. I used that as the view controller for Gold Dust and Pollock and Meshmerizer (scrolling pages, save images to library etc.) but I don’t use it in any of the newer apps. I don’t think it should even be in ofxiPhone but I haven’t removed it in case someone is using it and I don’t want to break compatibility. It’s been a while since I’ve used it so i can’t remember what exactly it does or what to do with it!

ah ok, no worries.
building a screen manager should be pretty straight forward and I guess I can switch between different screens by choosing which one to draw…
was just wondering if there’s some special iPhone black magic that needs to be done when managing views…

memo: any specific reason you abandoned the MSARootViewController? Would be great to get some general tips on a good way of managing multiple UKKit views + the EAGLView.

What is you input on this… should I let my ofxIPhoneApp handle the switching between different UIViews, or should I have some kind of “ApplicationViewController : UIViewController” that manages this? (something like your MSARootViewController I guess…)

I looked a bit at http://robertcarlsen.net/2009/05/31/usi-…-ne-dev-757 on how he added a UIView on top of the of EAGLView, and it seems he implemented the actual view switching in the ofApp (toggling the views in the testApp::touchDoubleTap).

Has anyone had any luck implementing this?

//EDIT
I liked the direction Memo was going with the MSARootViewController… But, in the meantime, I think I’ll just implement the solution in the link provided above. I’ll be happy to post a how-to once I’m done…