MSAInterpolator question

Hello all,

I am trying to get the demo included in the MSA Interpolator to work so I can learn how to use it for an application I wanted it for.

I am still kind of new to open frameworks so I am trying to figure this out. Sorry in advance!

I am using Xcode on 10.6 with the latest .62 version of OF. I have the latest versions of the MSA libs.

I have copied the main and app .h and .cpp files into my project. Added the MSACore and MSAInterpolator (excluding the example files) into the addons in the Xcode project. Everything is as it should be according to what I see is being included and such file wise. When I build the app, I get a ton of errors mosty referencing the vec3cf which I am not sure if I need to include another add-on or what. I would include screen shots, but it’s like 15 worth with the errors.

Thanks, Ryan

You most probably have to include ofxVectorMath. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your prompt reply, bilderbuchi!

I have added this in, and it didn’t change the error count at all… All exactly the same.

I have taken a screen shot of the first set of them.

Thanks, Ryan

where exactly did you add this? both in the search path of your compiler, and in the project files? (can’t help with xcode specifics, i use linux)

it’s all nice that you made screenshots, but not very useful if you keep them to yourself. but as i mentioned, copy-paste is more useful (no need for attachments)

Mods: Should we compile a sticky thread somewhere with the most basic questions? It seems this particular mistake crops up once a week… (hey i did it too during my first dabbling with oF)

Sorry, I didn’t notice that it did not attach.

In Xcode, I have added the ofxVectorMath into the addons portion. It is the same location as where the MSA addons are. (I know this is the right location). I have tried compiling with out adding an #include “ofxVectorMath.h” and tried adding it to different (one at a time) places and nothing changes.

Here are some of the assorted errors from the files:

/Users/ryan/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/apps/Tests/msaint/…/…/…/addons/MSAInterpolator/src/MSAInterpolatorT.h:337: error: there are no arguments to ‘constrain’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘constrain’ must be available

/Users/ryan/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/apps/Tests/msaint/…/…/…/addons/MSAInterpolator/src/MSAInterpolatorT.h:337: error: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

/Users/ryan/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/apps/Tests/msaint/…/…/…/addons/MSAInterpolator/src/MSAInterpolator2D.h:42: error: ‘Vec2f’ was not declared in this scope

/Users/ryan/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/apps/Tests/msaint/…/…/…/addons/MSAInterpolator/src/MSAInterpolator2D.h:42: error: template argument 1 is invalid

/Users/ryan/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT/apps/Tests/msaint/…/…/…/addons/MSAInterpolator/src/MSAInterpolator2D.h:42: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token

HERE IS ALL OF THEM:

http://pastebin.com/m3AajHbz

sry can’t conclusively help you here (need an xcode user for that), but does your compiler know about the extension? In codeblocks, I have to add an extension to both the project files tree, and the compiler search path (build options -> search directories), it should work quite similar in xcode, too…

To my knowledge, that is done for me when adding in the file… Not too sure. Never had to do that before with outher addons.