Moving location of project folder

Hi everybody,

Because I have several projects going on which all use OF007 I wanted to try to have OF in a central place and link all the projects to that. As a test I copied the empty example (which works in the default location) and put it in a subfolder of the examples directory.
Then I changed all the path settings from …/…/… to …/…/…/…
Everything seems to be there but when compiling (Xcode, osx10.7) I get the following errors.

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
“ofAppGlutWindow::ofAppGlutWindow()”, referenced from:
_main in main.o
“ofSetupOpenGL(ofAppBaseWindow*, int, int, int)”, referenced from:
_main in main.o
“vtable for ofAppGlutWindow”, referenced from:
_main in main.o
NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
“ofRunApp(ofBaseApp*)”, referenced from:
_main in main.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any ideas how to fix this? All the separate OF folders start to take up a lot of space. Is it even possible to change the location of project folders?

“All the separate OF folders” what do you mean? do you have a separate OF install for every project??

your projects can all reside beside each other in OF/apps/myapps/myproject1, OF/apps/myapps/myproject2,…
with the upcoming release you will have more flexibility in storage locations - you’ll be able to point to the OF root folder.

Yes i now, but because of several reasons I am not able to set it up that way. For instance with the git/svn setup.

And also I like to have the code in the project folder (where the docs etc also reside) and not all in my OF folder.

Too bad that it is not possible, for know I will do it like this and wait for the next release before moving everything.

Yes i now, but because of several reasons I am not able to set it up that way. For instance with the git/svn setup.
I don’t see how git can possibly interfere with this. the myapps directory is ignored by the OF git, and every project should have its own git repo (contained within) - they all don’t see each other.