Monitoring a PC (temp, memory, etc) from oF app (maybe via WMI)

Hi,
I got some interactive art installations in the field, mostly all running with an openFrameworks app running on PC (Windows 10). I am in the process of adding some log events outputs from the oF app , so I know overtime what’s going on, what sensors was activated, how many people used it, etc.

What I wish to include in my log is data from the computer itself, like cpu temperature, memory usage. I was thinking that maybe a oF librairie was already made for this, but I couldn’t find any.

I am already using “Open Hardware Monitor”, which is a great tool, but there is no log feature. I just read that “Open Hardware Monitor” publishes all sensor data to WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) to make it available to other apps. Info here: Documentation - Open Hardware Monitor.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to access the WMI from openFrameworks, and how to proceed? Or any other way around I could monitor the PC?

I have just recently finifhsed a project grabbing machine hardware statistics. It was built for Linux and Windows, Linux was obviously a breeze, but windows was a little more tasking. I found that using a number of python modules worked best.

Also for CPU core temp, I found the only reliable root was to use this: Core Temp - Shared Memory with a very small c# implementation for the SDK

Thanks for the reply. I’ll take a look at the Core Temp plug-in.