Missing separator for addons with addon_config.mk

Sorry for crossposting, but maybe someone in the forum knows something more about this. Tody, out of the blue, nothing containing addon_config.mk compiles on Arch Linux. Stuff that built two days ago don’t anymore. I’ve been trying older versions, nightly builds, aur versions. Still getting this error:

Compiling kinectExample for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/examples/computer_vision/kinectExample'
/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.addons.mk:210: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/examples/computer_vision/kinectExample'
make: *** [/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2

Did anybody experience anything similar?

EDIT:
It seems related to this issue somehow.

OK, after a long night of searching I think I found the culprit: downgrading make to 4.2.1. seems to have solved the issue.

1 Like

can you open an issue on github? this will happen soon in other platforms as they pack a newer make

Ok, will try to get it done later today!

@kflak1 and @arturo I can confirm I had this exact same issue, and using older version of make.exe in msys2 worked.

Was the issue progressed? I’m using the of 0.11 release and msys2 ming32.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Arch Linux has the same issue.
You can easily patch your release by following this :

I think patch-release branch has it integrated.