Missing separator for addons with addon_config.mk

Sorry for crossposting, but maybe someone in the forum knows something more about this. Tody, out of the blue, nothing containing addon_config.mk compiles on Arch Linux. Stuff that built two days ago don’t anymore. I’ve been trying older versions, nightly builds, aur versions. Still getting this error:

Compiling kinectExample for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/examples/computer_vision/kinectExample'
/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.addons.mk:210: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/examples/computer_vision/kinectExample'
make: *** [/home/kf/of_v20200208_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2

Did anybody experience anything similar?

EDIT:
It seems related to this issue somehow.

OK, after a long night of searching I think I found the culprit: downgrading make to 4.2.1. seems to have solved the issue.

can you open an issue on github? this will happen soon in other platforms as they pack a newer make

Ok, will try to get it done later today!