Missing required architecture in File QTKit.tbd

Hey all,

I’ve been trying to get a project working on macOS Monterey with XCode 13.2.1 on an M1 macPro using some open frameworks functionality. After a bit of troubleshooting, I got the error "Missing required architecture arm64 in File QTKit.tbd, which causes a lot of undefinedSymbol errors in ofx components. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I’m totally stuck…

This error only occurs when building this specific project and does not affect any of the examples provided by OFX.

Are you actually using QTKit in this project? I’ve seen some warnings lately on M1 but everything compiled fine.

I am not, which is the curious thing. But its an error and not just a warning, so it keeps me from finishing to build.

I think you will have to use the projectGenerator to generate or update the project files for your project. Older OF project files ( from prior OF versions ) won’t work in 0.11.2 so will need to be regenerated. That is why the examples are working fine.

Hope that helps!
Theo

2 Likes

Maybe it is time to remove QTKit from next versions.
it was deprecated in 10.9 (2013)

Weirdly enough, now that it builds it seems to run fine, but the project is GUI based and the GUI doesn’t show up because of the

ofAppGLFWWindow: 65544: Cocoa: Failed to find service port for display

error. Seems to be quite common on m1 machines too…