Missing boost on osx 0.9.7 release

I’ve just downloaded the 0.9.7 release, and I’m having this error when launching a newly created project

clang: error: no such file or directory: '../../../libs/boost/lib/osx/boost_filesystem.a'
clang: error: no such file or directory: '../../../libs/boost/lib/osx/boost_system.a'

I’ve looked into the osx setup guide but there is no mention of which libraries should I install.

In this thread

there is a reference about a script in the osx/scripts folder that should be used to download the missing libraries, but it is missing in the 0.9.7 release.

those scripts are only needed it you are using openframeworks directly from github but the downloads already have the libraries in it. i’ve just downloaded the packages to check and the libraries are definetely there. does this also happen with the included examples? and can you give more detail about how you’ve created the project?

I’ ve created the project with the project generator that comes with the download. The libs are there, but in of_v20161105_osx_release/libs/boost/lib there is only the folder emscripten, and not the osx folder that the app is looling for.

are you using the 0.9.7 release or the nightlies? from the name it would seem the nightlies. in that case it’s surely a bug in the packaging script

Your assumption is correct, I’ve downloaded the nightly release.

ok, i’ll take a look at the script that creates the packages

can you try now? be sure you are downloading the nightlies for today, 07 11 sometimes it takes a couple of refreshes of the page.

Now it works, thanks :wink: