Minimal Visual Studio project does not compile in x64

An empty project generated by the Project Generator compiles fine with Debug/Win32, but fails (possibly during linking?) when configured as Debug/x64. I want to use a library that only compiles in x64.

Does anyone understand the error message below? Does anyone know a solution? Thanks for any insight!

Error (active)	E0757	overloaded function "std::chrono::duration<_Rep, _Period>::duration [with _Rep=long long, _Period=std::nano]" is not a type name	test-project-generator	D:\installed-programs\VisualStudio2017\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\chrono	195	
Error		Invalid Parameter #8 : "/bytes"	test-project-generator	D:\projects\of_v0.10.1_vs2017_release\apps\myApps\test-project-generator\EXEC	1	
Error		Invalid Parameter #8 : "/bytes"	test-project-generator	D:\projects\of_v0.10.1_vs2017_release\apps\myApps\test-project-generator\EXEC	1	
Error	MSB3073	The command "for /d %%f in ("D:\projects\of_v0.10.1_vs2017_release\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\vs\\..\..\..\..\\libs\*") do (if exist "%%f\lib\vs\x64\*.dll" ( robocopy "%%f\lib\vs\x64" "D:\projects\of_v0.10.1_vs2017_release\apps\myApps\test-project-generator\bin" "*.dll" /njs /njh /np /fp /bytes ))
if errorlevel 1 exit 0 else exit %errorlevel%
:VCEnd" exited with code -1.	test-project-generator	D:\installed-programs\VisualStudio2017\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets	138	

Edit
Found the answer here:

I used Window’s “System Properties” dialog to update my PATH environment variable so that the System32\Robocopy comes before the Windows Resource Kit version

As per the serverfault post, it should look like this:

C:\>where robocopy
C:\Windows\System32\Robocopy.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\robocopy.exe

After updating the PATH environment variable, I also had to restart Visual Studio.

1 Like