midi input

yeah, no problem, i did this like one year ago but haven’t had a midi controller again so feel free to add whatever you want.

arturo, with your new files i get this build error:

obj\release\src\main.o:main.cpp: ||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxMidiListener’

I don’t see the code for virtual void newMidiMessage, maybe thats the problem?

Also, you don’t seem to be including ofxMidiConstants.h anywhere?

Thanks

oh, yes sorry

virtual void newMidiMessage(ofxMidiEventArgs& eventArgs);  

should be

virtual void newMidiMessage(ofxMidiEventArgs& eventArgs)=0;  

has updated the file.

also now that is the method that you should implement in your app:

void newMidiMessage(ofxMidiEventArgs& eventArgs);  

ofxMidiConstants is included in RtMidi.h

OF 0.6, OS 10.4X, XCODE 3.1.3

Hello all, I’ve downloaded the second ofxMidi.zip file and tried running the example provided in the first .zip, but every time I send MIDI msgs, the program hangs and the debugger takes over. I was able to get rtmidi running previously but I figured I’d upgrade to ofxMidi. I haven’t made any changes outside was was recommended in this thread. Here is the console output. Looks like it is switching threads? Any help would be most appreciated. I’m more of a Java person and switching over is proving a bit difficult. :frowning:

[Session started at 2009-07-22 11:32:39 +0100.]  
 3 ports available   
0: IACPort1  
1: IACPort2  
2: PAD  

[Session started at 2009-07-22 11:32:48 +0100.]  
num bytes: 3 Byte 0 = 144,  Byte 1 = 46,  Byte 2 = 127, stamp = 0  
GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-966) (Tue Mar 10 02:43:13 UTC 2009)  
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.  
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are  
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.  
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.  
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin".sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all  
Attaching to process 53589.  
[Switching to process 53589 thread 0x4a03]  
(gdb)   

thanks, Evan

midiInput.zip

[quote author=“evanbbb”]
Hello all, I’ve downloaded the second ofxMidi.zip file and tried running the example provided in the first .zip, but every time I send MIDI msgs[/quote]

Hi Evan

Are you still having midi problems?

I’ve posted the version I am using here:
http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/ofxmidi-updates/2435/0

Chris

Anybody had any problems with the listener not getting midi events after a specific period of time? My program is just an empty project printing out the MIDI signals coming in, and the printout will stop after 4-5 minutes.

Anything you’ve seen before?

_Anybody had any problems with the listener not getting midi events after a specific period of time? My program is just an empty project printing out the MIDI signals coming in, and the printout will stop after 4-5 minutes.

Anything you’ve seen before?_

i do not know if there is a link but …
i had similar trouble using a java lib, everything seems working well , and sometimes it stop working, but for the program , no error , no exception, no way understanting what happens, i seems that the interface do not receive anymore midi signal …
very strange.
i was using a midispot 4x4 …
i switch to a midisport 1x1 … no problem anymore

did you try changing interface ?

Hi Openframeworks people…!

I’m quite new in programming. I wanted to thank you for creating such a nice midi library.
Now it’s very easy for me to send Midi notes via a virtualport from oF directly to Ableton live.

But could you give me a hint how I can generate/deal with a midi time code signal? The method openvirtualport from the Rtmidi library supports this. But I have no idea how to create such a mtc signal. I know that there should be a specific f* argument + byte0ne and byteTwo. But at which place do I have to “feed” this signal into my virtual port.

Sorry for my newbyquestion. But It’s very important for me to support MTC. With that method I can synchronize ableton Live. There is no other way to synch ableton (midi clock doesen’t work very well, because ableton jumps between ±3 bpm all the time).

It would be veeeeeery nice if somebody could help me.

Greets from germany
Christian

Hi chridioos

Did you succed on generating a MTC signal from OF ?
I’m willing to try to synch some stuff and would like to generate MTC from inside OF … any thoughts ?

Thanks !

e*

Hi,

Did anyone make an RtMidi addon ? This library isn’t that big and is as usefull as ofxOSC, so I was wondering why it as even not available in the OF downloadable folder. I’m about to try this library, so maybe there is a reason why there is no addon for it.

Nico