Memory access violation with OF for visual studio 2012 in ofGLFWWindow

Hey all,
I’m working on a prototype with OF and I’m having some issues with it on visual studio express 2012. First of all I’m totally an OSX person, never had any real issues with OF in XCode so i’m not ruling out the fact that there could just be a step in the VS IDE setup that I’m missing.

However when I try to run one of the examples after building the projects, I run into a memory access violation inside ofGLFWWindow::initializeWindow() it seems like it happens right at the first method call, glfwSetMouseButtonCallback() so it crashes before anything opens.

I’m not really sure what could be causing it. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas as to how to get around it? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

1 Like

it could be that you are missing the graphics card drivers? a crash in that function means that glfw is not even able to create an openGL context

@arturo Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought its an old dell pc with an old graphics card so I’ll throw a newer one in it and go from there.

1 Like