MakeFile Generator (linux)

Hi @ all,

i’ve recognized that in every example there is also a makefile delivered. Let’s assume i am using ofxHttpUtils, which changes would i have to make for the makefile?

Does someone has experienec with: cbMakeFileGenerator?

thank you very much

if the addon has the correct folder structure that we use since 0061, you should just need to edit a addons.make text file and add there the name of the addons you want to use.

also:

make help

will tell you some more info

thanks arturo,

i will check this out.

Allright,

now i got everything running. Let’s assume i’ve used

• curl
  • libxml2

libraries and the addon

ofScraper

what would be the syntax for the addons.make. Ofcourse i’ve respected the convention and put the files in the right directory

thank you

just:

ofxScraper

:slight_smile: that should be it

really that easy??

whats with the curl and libxml library?

:slight_smile: if its so than its really great.

thanks arturo

if you have them installed in the system, (like with apt-get) just open the makefile in the variable USER_LIBS add them like:

USER_LIBS = -lcurl -lxml

thanks,

what if i put those libs into /libs/ folder of openframeworks? would the syntax be different?

(I am sorry for all those questions, but i am really new :frowning: )

if you have them in libs with the right structure, like:

libs/libcurl/linux/libcurl.a

they’ll be autodetected, you dont need to even modify the makefile

Allright,

i will test it out. thanks

Hi, its me again,

i have put the libs

/libs/curl/lib/libcurl.a
/libs/libxml2/lib/libxml2.a

(without linux directory)

As i recognized, that there is a “include” directory, i thought, that maybe those are missing. SO i’ve added them under the addons folder with the right structure and modified addons.make. Still no result.

can someone check my log please?

ls: cannot access …/…/…/addons/*/libs/*/lib/linux/*.so: No such file or directory
echo “linking” bin/emptyExample
linking bin/emptyExample
g++ -o bin/emptyExample obj/Release/src/main.o obj/Release/src/Cmb.o obj/Release/src/Statistic.o obj/Release/src/Site.o obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperParser.o obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperXmlNode.o obj/Release/addons/ofxThread/src/ofxThread.o obj/Release/addons/ofxXmlSettings/src/ofxXmlSettings.o obj/Release/addons/ofxXmlSettings/libs/tinyxml.o obj/Release/addons/ofxXmlSettings/libs/tinyxmlparser.o obj/Release/addons/ofxXmlSettings/libs/tinyxmlerror.o -march=core2 -O3 -Wall -fexceptions -I. -I…/…/…/libs/FreeImage/include -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/tmp -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/tmp/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/tmp/props -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/tmp/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/props -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/curl/.svn/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/tmp -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/tmp/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/tmp/props -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/tmp/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/props -I…/…/…/libs/curl/include/.svn/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/fmodex/include -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2 -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I…/…/…/libs/glee/include -I…/…/…/libs/gstappsink/include -I…/…/…/libs/gstappsink/include/gst -I…/…/…/libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/tmp -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/tmp/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/tmp/props -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/tmp/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/props -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/libxml/.svn/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/tmp -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/tmp/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/tmp/props -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/tmp/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/text-base -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/props -I…/…/…/libs/libxml2/include/.svn/prop-base -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco/Net -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco/SAX -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco/Dynamic -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco/XML -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco/Util -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/Poco/DOM -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include/CppUnit -I…/…/…/libs/rtAudio/include -I…/…/…/libs/unicap/include -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/ -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/communication -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/sound -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/utils -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/events pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev --cflags -I…/…/…/addons/curl/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/libxml/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofScraper/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofx3DModelLoader/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofx3DModelLoader/src/3DS -I…/…/…/addons/ofxDirList/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxNetwork/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxThread/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxVectorGraphics/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxVectorMath/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxXmlSettings/src/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib/linux -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/include -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/lib -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/lib/linux -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/include -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/include/ip -I…/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/include/osc -I…/…/…/addons/ofxVectorGraphics/libs/ -I…/…/…/addons/ofxXmlSettings/libs/ -L…/…/…/libs/fmodex/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/FreeImage/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/freetype/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/glee/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/gstappsink/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/poco/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/rtAudio/lib/linux -L…/…/…/libs/unicap/lib/linux -s -lopenFrameworks -lfmodexp -lfmodex -lfreeimage -lfreetype -lGLee -loFappsink -lPocoFoundation -lPocoNet -lPocoUtil -lPocoXML -lRtAudio -ldcam -lunicap -lv4l2cpi -lv4l -lvid21394 pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev --libs -lglut -lGL -lasound …/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib/linux/libcv.a …/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib/linux/libcvaux.a …/…/…/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs/opencv/lib/linux/libcxcore.a …/…/…/addons/ofxOsc/libs/oscpack/lib/linux/liboscpack.a
obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o: In function ofScraperWebConnection::getWebPageToFile(std::basic\_string<char, std::char\_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic\_string<char, std::char\_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)': ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x40): undefined reference tocurl_easy_init’
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x76): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_setopt' ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x8e): undefined reference tocurl_easy_setopt’
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0xa4): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_setopt' ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0xbc): undefined reference tocurl_easy_setopt’
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0xd4): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_setopt' obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o:ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0xec): more undefined references tocurl_easy_setopt’ follow
obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o: In function ofScraperWebConnection::getWebPageToFile(std::basic\_string<char, std::char\_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic\_string<char, std::char\_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)': ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x168): undefined reference tocurl_easy_perform’
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x170): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_cleanup' obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o: In functionofScraperWebConnection::getWebPageAsString(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >)’:
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x235): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_init' ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x257): undefined reference tocurl_easy_setopt’
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x26f): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_setopt' ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x288): undefined reference tocurl_easy_setopt’
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x2a0): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_setopt' ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x2b8): undefined reference tocurl_easy_setopt’
obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o:ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x2d0): more undefined references to curl\_easy\_setopt' follow obj/Release/addons/ofScraper/src/ofScraperWebConnection.o: In functionofScraperWebConnection::getWebPageAsString(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >)’:
ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x2f0): undefined reference to curl\_easy\_perform' ofScraperWebConnection.cpp:(.text+0x2fa): undefined reference tocurl_easy_cleanup’
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): In function tessError(unsigned int)': ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3bd): undefined reference togluErrorString’
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): In function ofSetupScreen()': ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x47a): undefined reference togluPerspective’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x4d5): undefined reference to gluLookAt' ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): In functionT.444’:
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2c8a): undefined reference to gluTessBeginContour' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2cc9): undefined reference togluTessVertex’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2cff): undefined reference to gluTessVertex' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2d30): undefined reference togluTessVertex’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2d67): undefined reference to gluTessVertex' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2d92): undefined reference togluTessEndContour’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2da3): undefined reference to gluTessEndPolygon' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x2db1): undefined reference togluDeleteTess’
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): In function ofEndShape(bool)': ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x39fa): undefined reference togluTessBeginContour’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3a38): undefined reference to gluTessVertex' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3a6e): undefined reference togluTessVertex’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3a9f): undefined reference to gluTessVertex' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3ad6): undefined reference togluTessVertex’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3b02): undefined reference to gluTessEndContour' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3b13): undefined reference togluTessEndPolygon’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3b21): undefined reference to gluDeleteTess' ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): In functionofNextContour(bool)’:
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x3fca): undefined reference to gluTessBeginContour' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x4009): undefined reference togluTessVertex’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x403f): undefined reference to gluTessVertex' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x4070): undefined reference togluTessVertex’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x40a4): undefined reference to gluTessVertex' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x40d2): undefined reference togluTessEndContour’
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/libopenFrameworks.a(ofGraphics.o): In function ofBeginShape()': ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x55a2): undefined reference togluNewTess’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x55bf): undefined reference to gluTessCallback' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x55dc): undefined reference togluTessCallback’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x55fa): undefined reference to gluTessCallback' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x5618): undefined reference togluTessCallback’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x5636): undefined reference to gluTessCallback' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x5655): undefined reference togluTessProperty’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x5683): undefined reference to gluTessProperty' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x56a2): undefined reference togluTessProperty’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x56c0): undefined reference to gluTessNormal' ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x56d6): undefined reference togluTessBeginPolygon’
ofGraphics.cpp:(.text+0x56fa): undefined reference to `gluTessProperty’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/emptyExample] Error 1
gamelab03@gamelab03-desktop:~/of_preRelease_v0061_linux_FAT/apps/examples/emptyExample$

For me it seems, that he cannot find curl

I have somehow solved a great part of the problem…

I just had to clean the project…i was wondering why nothing was changing…so much mess. Within an IDE everything is done automaticly.

thanks

:frowning: same error again…problem wasn’t solved