-lopenframeworksdebug

Hello, I’m trying to use exemples with ubuntu 11.4 but when I’m trying to compile, I’ve got every time this error :
cannot find -lopenFrameworksdebug

I’ve trying with the Github code but the problem is still the same.

Thanks for help

Hi

Are you sure you have correctly compiled the openframeworks library first? Do you have a .a file called openframeworksdebug.a in your libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64 or linux32 folder? Did you execute the scripts from this guide http://www.openframeworks.cc/setup/linux-codeblocks?

hi!

i have got the same problem

i have check in that folder and i don’t have nothing,any file .a

i followed the tutorial on the site but notthing what can i do?

thanks

what happens when you run the install dependencies script? does it ends ok? if so it should generate the .a file. if not it will through some errors and a message telling to post that error in the forum.

can you post the output of the install_dependencies script?

I’have recompil the dependencies with no errors and I’have a libopenFrameworks.a and a libopenFrameworksDebug.a in libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux/.

But the error message is still the same, stange isn’t it ? ???

are you using the github version with makefiles?

can you try:

make all

or

make Release

I’m little newbie,

where do I run these command, I don’t find any make file ?

You have to use the terminal to cd to

openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux or openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux64 (depends if you installed 64bits)

then try to run make all to make the openframeworks libraries

Then you cd to openFrameworks/apps/examples/emptyExample and then try to run make and post the output. (if your using the github version…)

Thans for your help

here with make all :

make all  
make Debug  
make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/mathieu/Programme/openframeworks-openFrameworks-b4397c1/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux »  
make[1]: Rien à faire pour « Debug ».  
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/mathieu/Programme/openframeworks-openFrameworks-b4397c1/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux »  
make Release  
make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/mathieu/Programme/openframeworks-openFrameworks-b4397c1/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux »  
make[1]: Rien à faire pour « Release ».  
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/mathieu/Programme/openframeworks-openFrameworks-b4397c1/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux »  

and the make with emptyExemple that run well :

make  
compiling object for:  src/main.cpp  
mkdir -p obj/Release/src  
g++ -c  -Wall -fexceptions -I. -I../../../libs/FreeImage/include -I../../../libs/assimp/include -I../../../libs/assimp/include/Compiler -I../../../libs/cairo/include -I../../../libs/cairo/include/pixman-1 -I../../../libs/cairo/include/libpng15 -I../../../libs/cairo/include/cairo -I../../../libs/fmodex/include -I../../../libs/freetype/include -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2 -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal/services -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I../../../libs/glew/include -I../../../libs/glew/include/GL -I../../../libs/kiss/include -I../../../libs/rtAudio/include -I../../../libs/videoInput/include -I../../../libs/poco/include -I../../../libs/glu/include -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/usr/include/libxml2   -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/ -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/sound -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/3d -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/app -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/types -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/math -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/video -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/events -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics   -MMD -MP -MFobj/Release/src/main.d -MTobj/Release/src/main.d -oobj/Release/src/main.o -c src/main.cpp  
compiling object for:  src/testApp.cpp  
mkdir -p obj/Release/src  
g++ -c  -Wall -fexceptions -I. -I../../../libs/FreeImage/include -I../../../libs/assimp/include -I../../../libs/assimp/include/Compiler -I../../../libs/cairo/include -I../../../libs/cairo/include/pixman-1 -I../../../libs/cairo/include/libpng15 -I../../../libs/cairo/include/cairo -I../../../libs/fmodex/include -I../../../libs/freetype/include -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2 -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal/services -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I../../../libs/glew/include -I../../../libs/glew/include/GL -I../../../libs/kiss/include -I../../../libs/rtAudio/include -I../../../libs/videoInput/include -I../../../libs/poco/include -I../../../libs/glu/include -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/usr/include/libxml2   -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/ -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/sound -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/3d -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/app -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/types -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/math -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/video -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/events -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics   -MMD -MP -MFobj/Release/src/testApp.d -MTobj/Release/src/testApp.d -oobj/Release/src/testApp.o -c src/testApp.cpp  
linking bin/emptyExample 1  
g++ -o bin/emptyExample obj/Release/src/main.o obj/Release/src/testApp.o  -L../../../libs/fmodex/lib/linux -L../../../libs/freetype/lib/linux -L../../../libs/kiss/lib/linux -L../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux -L../../../libs/poco/lib/linux -L../../../libs/rtAudio/lib/linux -Wl,-rpath=./libs  -lopenFrameworks   -lfmodex -lfreetype -lkiss -lRtAudio ../../../libs/poco/lib/linux/libPocoNet.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/linux/libPocoXML.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/linux/libPocoUtil.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/linux/libPocoFoundation.a -pthread -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lGLEW -lGLU -lGL -lgstvideo-0.10 -lgstapp-0.10 -lgstbase-0.10 -lgstreamer-0.10 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lxml2 -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -ludev -lrt   -lglut -lGL -lGLU -lasound -lopenal -lsndfile -lvorbis -lFLAC -logg -lfreeimage  
cp -r ../../../export/linux/libs bin/  

I’ve tried with codeBlocks but I have the same error than before.

So make with the empty example worked?

Do you have a runnable emptyExample in the emptyExample/bin folder?

Strange about CodeBlocks though. Is it the newest version? I’m not sure but I thought the CodeBlocks example now uses the make file as well. So I’m not sure why it wont’ work…

Yes, all exemples works and I have a runnable in /bin.

I’ve look in build properties in codeblocks but I don’t what is normal or not.

I can always works with gedit and a shell : it’s more basic but I think it works.

Could you list all command I need to debug and compil in a shell ?

Thanks in advance.

i meant make all in the example. the github codeblocks projects are not working right now

I have install again the Fat edition with this time the make all operation and I have this error

../../../openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp:23:28: fatal error: linux/videodev.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type  
compilation terminated.  

And always the same error in codeblocks …

You’re on linux 11.04, right? They dropped videodev support in the newest kernels. But you can apply this fix http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/linux-headers-2.6.35-and-linuxvideodev.h/5882/0 (I don’t really recommend it, but it seems to work) This is already fixed in the github version.

I have recompiled the github versions without any errors and now there is the message when I compile empty exemple :
-------------- Build: Debug in emptyExample ---------------

Using makefile: makefile
make: makefile: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
make: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « makefile ». Arrêt.
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings.

can you do:

export LC_ALL=C

before compiling so the output is in english : )

Sorry, I have search but I don’t find where I have to put this command

just write it into the terminal before you run any make commands…

For now I can translate your old post:

Using makefile: makefile
make: makefile: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
make: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « makefile ». Arrêt.
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings.

make: makefile: no file or folder of this type
make: no rule to run makefile. stop

A little precision : this error is only in codeBlocks not in a shell, in a shell it’s ok